• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving 20 ft Conex containers

Humpy

I saw a 20 ft Conex container being delivered a few weeks back from a commercial deck over trailer and it as secured by the special locks (can't remember name of them) used on trucks, ships etc.

I have this idea that I need a dove tail trailer with 8X20 deck and dovetail on the back so I can move a Conex if I want to, my tractor, POVs etc

Problem is I can't find who makes the trailers the Conex dealers use to deliver them.

They weigh right at 5000 lbs empty so a 3/4 ton truck can move a 20 ft one easily.

Anybody got an info on these?

Humpy

Actually I am looking for locks and just got a response back from
http://www.chassisking.com/

and they have all kinds of locks.

I am looking for a drawing that shows hole locations in all four corners and X measurements to assure square holes.

I want a deck over to haul POVs, material etc and thought while I was at it get one set up on the 20 foot containers. They weigh just shy of 5000 lbs so a 3/4 ton truck could pull a trailer with a container on it.

I am thinking a drop in twist lock might be the way to go.

I just got back from town where the others were sitting and was going to talk to the crew there but the containers are gone and so is the crews.

I have spotted some cabins folks have made from them as well which might be a idea.

I talked to a place this morning but they did not have the specs so that got me kind of leary.

OK I just got a drawing from a commercial trailer manufacturer and it is a flat bed to haul one 40' or two 20 containers and the hole locations are

19' 2 1/2" X 89" +/- 1/16th" tolerance is the measurement on center for the ISO locks to secure the container.

Obviously the holes in the containers themselves would be a tad bigger.

They only make commercial trailers and had no idea who would make a deck over.

Well I found one manufacturer but way beyond my price range.

and only #$16,900.00 but sure is exotic.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I am looking for locks and just got a response back from
http://www.chassisking.com/

and they have all kinds of locks.

I am looking for a drawing that shows hole locations in all four corners and X measurements to assure square holes.

I want a deck over to haul POVs, material etc and thought while I was at it get one set up on the 20 foot containers. They weigh just shy of 5000 lbs so a 3/4 ton truck could pull a trailer with a container on it.

I am thinking a drop in twist lock might be the way to go.

I just got back from town where the others were sitting and was going to talk to the crew there but the containers are gone and so is the crews.

I have spotted some cabins folks have made from them as well which might be a idea.

I talked to a place this morning but they did not have the specs so that got me kind of leary.
sportsman guide had some a while ago listed?