• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

moving axle forward with stock steering

Dave, the x over on the 1028 in your link looks great! That's the way i'd like to go so I can move the axle where I want it to avoid some fender contact. I contacted ORD and put a hold on the backordered drop pitman arm. I might as well do the steering while I've got things apart instead of trying to get something going temporarilly.

I would definitely like to get with you for help figuring this out. Looks like a common sense approach with the right results.

Mike

Atwater

is there a minimum lift height to convert to crossover? my truck spends far more time on road and towing than off and wheeling.
my spring bushings are needing replacing and i was contemplating a small lift and crossover steering at the same time to maximize drive-ability.

I may not have to worry about the lift or moving the axle. Been almost a month and still no front springs or shackles, as well as the pitman arm. I sure wish I would have gone a different route...aua

Cucvnut

is there a minimum lift height to convert to crossover? my truck spends far more time on road and towing than off and wheeling.
my spring bushings are needing replacing and i was contemplating a small lift and crossover steering at the same time to maximize drive-ability.
I would say no it does not. Give WFO a Call and tell them what you want to do and they will build you a system for a small lift.

Well the lift is on, brakes are done, and it drives and stops nicely. Still has the completely stock steering including the pitman arm. I got the steering wheel to center and it drives fine. The steering joints are just butted up against each other inside the adjusting sleeve. Turning radius sucks though. Even worse than stock since the steering link is so short now. My next change will be wheels and tires, but I can really see why you guys went to crossover steering. Parking spaces at Wally World are a real challenge. :|

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I raised my M1028 5" and tried to stay with stock steering. I used a drop Pitman Arm and a Dane 60 steering block. I had hardly any turning radius and he steering sucked like a big orange. So I went with ORD crossover steering and now the truck turns tighter than my wife's sports car.

Crossover is the only way to go with a lifted truck.

Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks