• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

moving tandem axles?

MrM4

I think it would be a PITA to cut out all those rivets and then redrill 40 holes for the bogies versus 20 for the singles. With that small foot print though it would be a bada$$ off road.

Removal is bad enough , for the re-install I'd consider going with fewer bolts that were a larger dia. to save on soem drilling. Duece frames are not hard but every once in a while you hit a spot thats just tougher then the others.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Removal is bad enough , for the re-install I'd consider going with fewer bolts that were a larger dia. to save on soem drilling. Duece frames are not hard but every once in a while you hit a spot thats just tougher then the others.
The reason of ALL the bolts is for a better clamping together of the parts( a lot less movement), not so much for out right strength. as much DESIGN that is in these trucks, if fewer larger bolts was thought to be a good idea, there would be larger bolts, there is a REASON for everything and the way it is done on these trucks

Last edited:

MrM4

That is probelly true 73, like I said "id think about it" , Ive never reloacted Tandems, just removed them. Plenty of work jsut getting them off :).