• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mpe803a

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installing the VR should have no affect on starting. The two wires you connect to M7 and K15 would not affect the starter motor from operating. Those two connections just pick up 24 volts and ground for the VR operation. I'll noodle on it though.

mchlsprgn

I must have done something wrong got any ideas
I
Installing the VR should have no affect on starting. The two wires you connect to M7 and K15 would not affect the starter motor from operating. Those two connections just pick up 24 volts and ground for the VR operation. I'll noodle on it though.
one thing ,i did not disconnect the battery first could this cause a problem?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things to check...
Make sure the Emergency Off Button is pulled out
Make sure CB1 isn't tripped
Make sure Battleshort is OFF
Does the fuel punp run with S1 in Prime/Run?
Do the panel illumination lamps work?

Ray70

Make sure your batteries are both charged fully and the connections are good. I once had a machine that would crank from the dead crank but just click the relays when trying to start from S1. Turned out the battery cross over wire had chaffed through and shorted to the corner of the engine block and took down one of the batteries to like 7 volts.

mchlsprgn

Things to check...
Make sure the Emergency Off Button is pulled out
Make sure CB1 isn't tripped
Make sure Battleshort is OFF
Does the fuel punp run with S1 in Prime/Run?
Do the panel illumination lamps work?
yes to all of these . the cb1 doesn't appear to be tripped check it tomrrow

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say it "won't start" do you mean the starter doesn't engage and turn the engine over or do you mean the starter turns the engine over but it wont fire?

Do you hear the primary fuel pump run with S1 in the Prime/Run position?

Try disconnecting my VR wire that you hooked to K15. Put tape on the lug and then see if the set starts. If it starts then you may have put the wire on the wrong terminal or wrong relay.

mchlsprgn

When you say it "won't start" do you mean the starter doesn't engage and turn the engine over or do you mean the starter turns the engine over but it wont fire?

Try disconnecting my VR wire that you hooked to K15. Put tape on the lug and then see if the set starts. If it starts then you may have put the wire on the wrong terminal or wrong relay.
starter does not engage ,pump runs ,relays click. I'll try the disconnect k15 today and let you know

is it possible to put k12 thru k19 in the wrong place? I dont know if i sent my last e mail starter does not engage, pump runs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks