• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG for 923a2 with 8.3 Cummins

Hawssie

The TM says 5.5-6 mpg for the A2s in general but who knows what kind of driving that covers. Big spread in weight over the lightest and heaviest models too. I got around 7 on the freeway for my M936A2 which is 16 thousand pounds heavier. But the M939 and M939A1s are listed at 3-4 mpg in the same TM

Trapperjohn

Thanks very much, guys! I am working on buying a 923a2 with the 8.3 and could not believe that they can get 8-10 mpg... amazing! I see where a lot of guys adjust the fuel by turning a few screws. Sounds like they get a good bit more power, but wonder what that does to the mpg? I plan on driving it stock and 50 mph on highway, so would seem reasonable to expect the 8-10.

looking forward to being an owner of one of these awesome trucks! I really appreciate the feedback from you guys.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loaded the C and L series are getting 5.5 to 6.5. That is in transfer trucks, box trucks get around 5 to 7 depending if they are stop and go delivery types or say LA to San Diego trips.