• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP adapter plate dimensional drawing?

DB556

As the title saids, does anybody have a dimensional drawing or blueprint for the MRAP to deuce adapter plates?
I have M35a3 wheels on my deuce right now with 395's but I'm thinking of going to aluminum MRAP wheels for weight and style
and since I have a CNC mill, I might as well machine the adapter plates, while I'm machining out some other parts this week.

DB556

Thanks, that should work, I bunched it into fusion a second ago. Now to order some more grade 50 plate,
I should have 50* chamfer mill from a job a while back now to see where the hell I put it.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a CNC mill, could you make 2 or 3 piece wheels and just bypass the adapter plate altogether? Forgive my ignorance on CNC, but I'm looking at custom wheels because adapter plates come with issues.

DB556

If you have a CNC mill, could you make 2 or 3 piece wheels and just bypass the adapter plate altogether? Forgive my ignorance on CNC, but I'm looking at custom wheels because adapter plates come with issues.
I would need a much, much, larger milling machine than my vf2 if I wanted to machine whole rims, even if I did the cost would be exorbitant compared to a used mrap rim. Well made adapter plates shouldn't be a issue, most of the issues I see are from somebody plasma cutting the plate and the plate warping. Or from not using a deep enough chamfer on the holes for the lug nuts, or the large amount/cost of bolts they you would need, which can be solved by going to a bolt supply company or a rural farm supplier instead of a hardware store.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well made adapter plates shouldn't be a issue
My issue with adapter plates are that tire places (I believe) won't touch your wheels with them mounted. Now, if you're working on your truck at home, this really isn't a problem, but if you're on the road away from home, this could be problematic.
I've been modifying my truck for some extended trips, and am considering moving away from adapter plates to a more readily available commercial on/off tire on custom wheels.

DB556

My issue with adapter plates are that tire places (I believe) won't touch your wheels with them mounted. Now, if you're working on your truck at home, this really isn't a problem, but if you're on the road away from home, this could be problematic.
I've been modifying my truck for some extended trips, and am considering moving away from adapter plates to a more readily available commercial on/off tire on custom wheels.
That's why you carry some spares :D But I would wonder about that problem, It it was I would take the adapter off and take the wheel or wheel and tires in loose if there was a problem. Though just searching a second ago I found this on a ford forum if this helps you with some 22.5" wheels

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1315907-finally-new-22-5-steel-rims-for-rockwell-6-lugs.html

Ive looked and looked and there are no good options for 22.5 rims for 6 lug rockwells.. unless you find a cherry set off a school bus.. but most of them have been scrapped... and used ones are hard to find...

Until now...

I just bought these.. they are made in europe.. runout and quality equals accurides obsolete 2157... they are selling every one they can get.. no props for the company. I think the military rock crowd is buying them up.

They are heavy at 90 pounds... but the centers are massive

I will be so happy to get rid of my split rims and 20 inchers.. finally modern radials on my truck

Retail $235.00 a wheel... but the only game in town

Part Number: WN28157J

Part Number: WN28157J
Brand: Wheels Now Inc.
Wheel Specifications

Rim Size: 22.50 X 6.75
Bolt Pattern: 6 Hole on 8.75" Bolt Circle, 6.5" bore
Mounting Type: Stud Piloted Dual
Offset: 5.67"
Material: Steel
Number of Hand Holes: 6
Approx. Wt. (lbs): 90
Looking for the obsolete Accuride 28157? Wheels Now has you covered. Contact your Wheels Now Sales Rep. today. 1.800.782.5145.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why you carry some spares
I plan on carrying one spare with me. I'm building what will be, in essence a tiny house, and space is at a premium. I would hope to be able to swap a tire on the road then bring it in to get repaired, but if the sidewall gets chewed up I'd like the option of being able to order a new tire as well.
Now, I've gotten pretty particular on my tire size. I really want to stay in the 46" range because of the speed bump from the bigger tire. Currently I have MRAP wheels with a center offset and they do just fine, nothing rubs. By going with a custom wheel I can put the offset where I want, and even go up a size to a 445 tire. I don't know if you've noticed, but most super singles that are sold these days are years old, and I could see some tire places refusing to repair a 8+ year old tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks