• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Air Tank Changeover

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody done it? I like the aluminum construction. They're about 1 foot longer than the standard primary tanks. But the last foot of them are (what I'm guessing is) an auxiliary? Looks like a check valve inside. Lots of ports. So my question is, how would it work with the auxiliary built in? I can't find any TM's on the MRAP that detail how these tanks are supposed to function.
Why do I want to do this? Well, I'm putting a M915 battery box under the passenger door, and moving the primary and secondary tanks to behind the updated tool box I added 6 months ago on the passenger side. When I pulled my current tanks, it sounded like gravel inside. So I figured - why bother going back to steel when these tanks are available for around $40 NOS.

IMG_6154.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have 6 of those tanks. I am going to run a T into the main air supply line and run it to a 2nd air dryer and use 4 of the tanks to supply air to the future CAT 7155 install so it has its own air supply separate from the brakes.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes I don't know how you find the time for all that you do.

I pressurized the tanks this weekend, just to test. Good to go. I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the smaller side of the tank. I'd assume the smaller side is meant to be used as the primary, with possibly an actuated valve in the event of pressure loss that would open up the larger side of the tank?

Capture.jpg

As of now I'm planning on using the larger side as a primary and plugging up the smaller.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to buy some of the tanks off ePlay, but the guy screwed up his auction and cancelled my order of six.
Yeah... He does that. I bought a hardtop off him last year, and he had some really weird hours. I think it's a lack of coordination on his part. When I got the tanks last week, he said that site was screwing up his shipping costs and was going to cancel my order in 24 hours if I wasn't willing to pay the extra $15 for a second tank shipping. He did ship REALLY fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks