• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Alum. black wheels and Michlen 395/85R20's for LMTV ?

1951M1078

Is their a SS member to get MRAP Alum. black wheels and Michlem 395/85R20's from ? Or just go to the net. ?

Thanks, Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

1951M1078

After a private message, I need to ask the a question. Some time ago I was told the MRAP wheels would work on a M1078. Is this true or not ? If its not its ok,I just don't need to buy wheels.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MRAP rims are hub centered. The M1078 uses tapered bud rims, lie the M93 9series 5tons do. As much as i want to sell them to you I really don't think they'll work.*

I know for a fact that M1078 rims work on 939series trucks, and that MRAP rims will NOT work on 939series trucks.*

I suggest confirming fitment before proceeding.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheels from the Caiman MRAPs will work on the LMTV. I'm not sure if they came in aluminum though. The one set I had were steel.

1951M1078

Just got off the phone with Jeff at ,War Time Fun. He has the Alum. wheel. With a new Goodyear MBT $780 without the run flat but with the bead lock and CTIS . More that I want to spend now but their out their.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Caiman MRAP wheel will work on FMTVs, just need 40 rather pricy special lug nuts. (Thread here on this) These wheels have not been sold gov't surplus that I know of, they came from the two scrapyards that cut up BAE's stock of undelivered Caimans after the drawdown.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need the oddball 11-1/4" MRAP bolt pattern, not the common 13-1/4".
Then as stated above you'll need special lug nut or have the holes in the wheel chamfered.
I have heard of both bolt patterns in steel and aluminum here on SS.

86m1028

Caiman MRAP wheel will work on FMTVs, just need 40 rather pricy special lug nuts. (Thread here on this) These wheels have not been sold gov't surplus that I know of, they came from the two scrapyards that cut up BAE's stock of undelivered Caimans after the drawdown.
Do you have pics of these ?
I bought a set of wheels & tires from the place you mentioned.
I have no use for the wheels.

profo

The Mrap Caimen aluminum rims that have the same bolt pattern as a standard m939 truck that are made by Hutchenson WI-1184 do fit the LMTV without machining. The M939 as in my M927a2 series truck you have to machine the lug nut taper using a 82 degree countersink on the reverse side of the rim for the the DISH out on the rear of 900 series. You must use the special lug nut for both.
:grin:

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

The Mrap Caimen rims...
rewrite??

The (11 1/4 bolt circle?) Mrap Caimen rims do fit the LMTV and the M939 series trucks. On the 900 series you have to machine the lug lug taper at 82 degrees for the the DISH out on the rear of 900 series. Use the special lug nuts for both (900 & FMTV?)!

don't want to be grammar police.... it was just hard to read for solid clarity without punctuation. As edited above.... is this the intended info you wanted to get across?

Last edited:

86m1028

The Mrap Caimen aluminum rims that have the same bolt pattern as a standard m939 truck that are made by Hutchenson WI-1184 do fit the LMTV without machining. The M939 as in my M927a2 series truck you have to machine the lug nut taper using a 82 degree countersink on the reverse side of the rim for the the DISH out on the rear of 900 series. You must use the special lug nut for both.
:grin:
Are those, the wheels you got from me ?
Do you have any better pics with them mounted on your truck ?

profo

yes but thats the only picture so far, I can get another once it stops raining been raining for days here! Aircraft stripper and alot of buffing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks