• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Lighting on M925A2

440Duster

All I have left to do is route the cables. I mounted the rear lightbar flush in the panel below the tailgate, the front lightbar over the winch and the spotlights on the cowl. As for the control box, it is on a hinged mount that folds down like an armrest when needed. I plan to also mount one of the long lightbars on the front edge of the hardtop once I get it engineered as I would like to have it caged for protection. Since I operate in treed areas,that is also my reasoning for putting the spotlights where I did. For those who plan to install an Eyecon kit on anything other than what it is designed for, a wiring mod in the vehicle interface box is required. I installed a lighted switch which activates the solenoid which provides power to the circuit breakers. The MRAP master power switch would normally do that.
. View attachment 597778View attachment 59778420151121_114322.jpg20151128_142355.jpg

440Duster

2State,
The control box is part of the complete kit. I don't know if one is available any other way unless someone buys a kit and sells the components individually.

bmx590

Man that is bad. How are the compared to LED bars? Is there enough wiring in the kit to keep from spicing the wire? I want to put this together on a m35a2

440Duster

BMX590, the HID lights are very bright. As for a comparison to LED lightbars, I don't know how they compare. The kit comes with all the cables. On the MRAP, the power cable and the control cables are internal while the cables to the lightbars and spotlights are ran on top of the vehicle. Two cables inside mate via pass through connectors to the external cables. I did the pass through on the floor near the driver side cab corner. From there, the cable runs inside the frame to the rear lightbar. Part of that cable are the two cables that would go to the side lightbars which I am not using as there isn't a good place to mount them. I coiled and stowed them. The other cable I ran forward to the firewall where the spotlight cables go up to the spotlights mounted on each side of the cowl. And lastly, the front lightbar mounted on top of the winch. I notched the cowl edge of the hood and the pinch seam of the cab as that was easy and aleviated having to drill holes in the cowl for the spotlight cables. As for the power cable, I drilled a pass through hole in the battery box near the rear next to the driver seat and mounted the circuit breaker box on the inboard side of the driver seat. I did not have to do any splicing of the cables.

MtnSnow

From a fellow FB user. here is a Curb & Street side mounting option for our cargo trucks.
CurbsideMounting.jpgStreetsideMounting.jpg

And another Spotlight mounting location option for those who don't run cargo covers
SpotlightMounting-NoCoverUsedOption.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My only thought on the side install under the dropside; Does it have enough room to swing down and not hit anything & the drop side chain + screw bolt lock down not damage anything?

I know my back ones constantly chip the paint dangling and bang up the reflectors.

MtnSnow

My only thought on the side install under the dropside; Does it have enough room to swing down and not hit anything & the drop side chain + screw bolt lock down not damage anything?

I know my back ones constantly chip the paint dangling and bang up the reflectors.
That's why when I do mine I plan on placing them further under the bed but this is what gave me a clue on how to accomplish the side mounts.

440Duster

While the front lightbar housing is steel, the side ones are aluminum. Although I am not an expert at TIG welding aluminum, I am considering eliminating the IR units and shortening the housing which will allow mounting it on the underside of the bed between the rear axles without being damaged when the axles fully articulate. My other option as previously mentioned is to put one of them on the front edge of the hard top leaving me with a spare lightbar as a source of spare parts.

JH Cosca

Duster,

Your install looks great for the Eyecon lights! Can you modify the BO harness cable to provide energy to the bus in the VIB or do you need to modify the inside of the VIB? Is the a simple process or do you know where I can get the instructions to do that modification. I am installing the Eyecon kit on a Humvee and just starting. Thanks for any help!!

440Duster

Since the cable from the power source (battery) connects to the circuit breaker box, power is there as is the solenoid that needs to be energized for the system to work. With the addition of a switch and some minor wiring, the solenoid can be energized with the flip of the switch. As shown in the pictures and the wiring diagram, power is at the one side of the solenoid. Connecting a wire from there to one side of a switch and then from the other side of the switch to the small the small terminal on the solenoid, when the switch is thrown, the solenoid will get activated.View attachment 709866View attachment 70986720170425_143740.jpg20170425_143947.jpg

JH Cosca

Thanks so much. I will give it a whirl. If you ever need anything here in Houston let me know. Also, I spend a lot of time in Jackson, Wy and let me know if you are ever up that way. We will go find a fishing hole!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks