• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP Troop Carrier Seat Install

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked the fact that these seats had five-point harnesses so I thought I would buy a pair. I don't know if I would recommend them based on the difficulty of installing them but I like what I am seeing as an end result. I believe the truck will be safer, have better rollover protection, and I think they're kind of cool.

I did not post this in the What I did today post due to search value...

I put this in Google docs because it is shared in a couple of other places as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GBbJFZe9MdM2c0SGdXdFBpSzg/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Bravojmc

I liked the fact that these seats had five-point harnesses so I thought I would buy a pair. I don't know if I would recommend them based on the difficulty of installing them but I like what I am seeing as an end result. I believe the truck will be safer, have better rollover protection, and I think they're kind of cool.

I did not post this in the What I did today post due to search value...

I put this in Google docs because it is shared in a couple of other places as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GBbJFZe9MdM2c0SGdXdFBpSzg/view?usp=sharing
Nice write up! All ways wondered how I'd mount that kind of seat. Thx

Last edited:

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sick! So does the seat take any jolt out of bumpy terrain?
In a word, yes. I put the springs on the seat posts for that reason. I am still going to have to change out the springs to something with more coils. The ones I purchased are long and then I cut them down. I will have to experiment. Unfortunately, I don't have the specs on them. Bought them at Bolts4U. They barely fit but seem to have a high compression rating.

Another thing I found is that the thing is quieter. Not sure why. Perhaps because I bolted to the floor, etc.