• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels and tires on a deuce?

3dAngus

Bringing this thead back alive. I bought some 395s out of Huntsville, and there has been a sheesh pile load of them selling over the last few months, I mean hundreds of them, brand new.

So I need some of these adapter plates, and I'm not seeing a source. I guess it's Andrew and his partner, not sure.

If anyone can tell me the source of supply, and the cost, I would appreciate it. If anyone else is interested in a few, please let me know for a possible group order, where we might be able to reduce the cost. I know a ton of you guys bought some of these fantastic tires mounted on rims so this might be a good chance to group up a buy, but first, I need the source. I PMed PAtracy and MDMorgan and am awaiting a reply.

Daniel has a picture of the adapter laying on the ground in the lower right next to this tire. I especially like this one, and have seen a couple of other designs, but I like the way this one is offset with the center lip and bolt on.

Attachments

BadRide4x4

Bringing this thead back alive. I bought some 395s out of Huntsville, and there has been a sheesh pile load of them selling over the last few months, I mean hundreds of them, brand new.

So I need some of these adapter plates, and I'm not seeing a source. I guess it's Andrew and his partner, not sure.

If anyone can tell me the source of supply, and the cost, I would appreciate it. If anyone else is interested in a few, please let me know for a possible group order, where we might be able to reduce the cost. I know a ton of you guys bought some of these fantastic tires mounted on rims so this might be a good chance to group up a buy, but first, I need the source. I PMed PAtracy and MDMorgan and am awaiting a reply.

Daniel has a picture of the adapter laying on the ground in the lower right next to this tire. I especially like this one, and have seen a couple of other designs, but I like the way this one is offset with the center lip and bolt on.

Check out my thread...I just did this.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
The adapters that we got from patracy started as a 3/4" plate milled down to 1/2" to leave a 1/4" shoulder in the middle. That was done because the MRAP wheels are HUB centric not LUG centric, so the only way to acurately locate the adapter in the wheel was to machine that shoulder. And it was machined to such a tight tolerence that there is no shear load on the bolts. Which in my opinion is a superior design.

peashooter

I've got some MRAP to Deuce adapter plates listed in the classifieds that align off of the proper features of the MRAP wheels and Deuce Hubs if needed, including the lipped version

Last edited:

3dAngus

There are several in the classifieds. Also, several military tire dealers that sell them with and without the wheels and/or tires. You can get them any way you want. The big difference in price is because of that. And the condition makes another huge difference. You never know what happened to a tire they pulled off a wheel and sell it as used. Heck, I've sold spare tires, and I don't know, and they were still on the rim even, but that ain't saying much. :-(

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wishing I could help you with that, since I don't have one near to measure... and that spec does not appear in any of the M35A3 TM's. All I can say is that A3's take a different spring seat (perch) (see this pic) - allowing for more (positive) caster than the earlier series M44 trucks.

G.

hornetfan

Wishing I could help you with that, since I don't have one near to measure... and that spec does not appear in any of the M35A3 TM's. All I can say is that A3's take a different spring seat (perch) (see this pic) - allowing for more (positive) caster than the earlier series M44 trucks.

G.
Yah, I looked in the TMs for the A3 before asking the question. I noticed a couple of other newbies (which I certainly am!) get their ears pinned back for not doing due diligence research in the TMs. I'll try to measure the caster angle on my A3 and post it if I can get a decent measurement with a machinist's protractor. Thanks for the link to pic!

W600guy

Hello all, I am very new to this site and I need some help. I just picked up a Dodge W600 4x4. It was a Montana State truck with 50k miles on it. It has Rockwell F106 axles I think. I know it has the same bolt pattern at the 2.5 tons. I would like to know where to get some wheels for it. I want to single the rear axle. I am not sure if that axle can be flipped or not. If anyone can give me some pointers or where to go please let me know.

peashooter

Hello all, I am very new to this site and I need some help. I just picked up a Dodge W600 4x4. It was a Montana State truck with 50k miles on it. It has Rockwell F106 axles I think. I know it has the same bolt pattern at the 2.5 tons. I would like to know where to get some wheels for it. I want to single the rear axle. I am not sure if that axle can be flipped or not. If anyone can give me some pointers or where to go please let me know.
Pm sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks