• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels and tires today

EnteJager

Adapter plates will fit the bill. I know of 2 who have done the homework and have plates for the duece. I think someone on this board has done the same.

My brother owns a freight company, shipping isn't an issue for me:

Even at 500.00 per wheel and tire it is still a great deal.

Last edited:

EnteJager

Well ****, if that's the case I just bought 8 new tires for about 400.00 a piece and will have the fun of getting them off th rims.
Hopefully the price of scrap will increase in the next month or so.:mrgreen:

No wonder they were so cheap.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
pretty sure those are not MRAP, those look more like they are FMTV. Mrap wheels do not have the offset mounting flange.
While you could be right there are two things that have to be considered. First, the auction says:

Pictures and videos are representative of the tires and rims and are not of the actual tires and rims in this lot.

Second, as per the NSN given at the bottom of the auction it lists the End Item Identification as:

2320-01-519-8173 COUGAR 4X4 EOD VARIANT; 2355-01-532-2174 JOINT EOD RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE (JERRV) 4X4 EOD VARIANT; 2355-01-532-2159 JOINT EOD RAPID RESPONSE VEHICLE (JERRV) 6X6 ENGINEER VARIANT; 2320-01-519-8172 COUGAR 6X6 ENGINEER; MRAP FAMILY
If they are not for an MRAP then the NSN is wrong.

Edit: Anyhow, to the OP: congrats on the score by the way. :)

Last edited:

EnteJager

While you could be right there are two things that have to be considered. First, the auction says:

Second, as per the NSN given at the bottom of the auction it lists the End Item Identification as:

If they are not for an MRAP then the NSN is wrong.

Edit: Anyhow, to the OP: congrats on the score by the way. :)

Thanks Ruppster I missed the disclaimer.

I always google the nsn, didn't notice the raised flange on the pictures. but with the disclaimer in the desciption I am still confident they are the same as the MRAP wheels that sold 2 weeks ago. We will find out.

I'll either have 8 new tires for around 375.00 ea by the time I scrap the wheels
or 8 MRAP wheels and tires for around 400.00 a piece. Either way I am happy

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I picked up two lots of those for a fellow member last week and will be picking up 12 more tires for him next week....if anyone needs some picked up and held at my place send me a PM...if I combine pickups I can charge less to recover them.

I have a good working relationship with Teresa and her crew up there.....if she knows I'm picking something up she will cut me a lot of slack on time limits.

PM for details.

EnteJager

So, looking at Cougar 6x6 MRAP pics on I found on the web it appears that they use both the flat style and flange style wheels.

http://www.military-today.com/apc/cougar_mrap_images.htm

If this is the case than the offest for both styles looks to be the very close and the bolt pattern and hub openeing will should be fine for adapter plate.

Can't wait to see.

Last edited:

bigbird1

Did you ever find plates for those rims you picked up? i just picked up a few and was wondering what you came up with? we have a guy that makes centers 20 miles from me and would check on a price if i can't find any already made.

exryan

Picked up a set of 6 of these and am starting to search for adapters or plates. Keep this thread updated.

I think Mike929 made hub adapters, currently trying to get in touch with him.

tobyS

I know this is an old thread but does the wheel pictured in the OP fit a 5 ton (925) with 11.25 bolt circle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks