• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels, Goodyear MVT tires, Beadlock or runflats?

Hello how is everyone. Been doing a little reading. Here is my question, Now that I have the MRAP wheels and Good year 395 MVT's which is better suited? I get the runflats are oem. But will a beadlock work as per manufacture or should I buy the runflats and install those instead? I didn't want to highjack someone elses post so what do you think?
Merry Christmas have a safe and happy one, metalworker393

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For normal, "civilian" use... I would stay with just the beadlocks. The runflats make the whole assembly much heavier, unnecessarily.

G.

Hello and how are you. Thats what I was thinking. they are already 350 lbs each, add a runflat and that a big increase in weight. Might make a tire change on the side of the road a little more difficult. So which is the correct one to use? 5 ton? I see a fella that goes by spartan has some, would that be correct? Good day metalworker393

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of the military bolt together wheels are 10" wide. Some of the beadlocks are rubber rings and some are steel with a rubber edge, both work fine. What you need to watch out for is the M35A3 rim uses an 11" rim. You need to make sure the beadlock is correct for your rim width.

welldigger

Your bead lock should be about 8" wide for a 10" wheel and 9" for an 11" wheel.

If your wheels and tires came mounted chances are you have run flats already in them.

The wheels and tires a bought came with the valve stems but no run flats, all are loosely bolted together, can see the oring on a few too. looks like they had run flats in them but were removed. Going to take one apart sometime this weekend to see for sure if anything is in there.
nice avatar gimp. metalworker393

Clay James

A friend and I just muscled 7 of these new ones with run flats around on a trailer on a recovery from Herlong and unloaded them the next day. I could tell I'd moved something heavy. These have the aluminum wheels too. I found on a search that the run flats are over 100lbs each!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks