• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels not fitting up front

Hummer Guy

I'm installing the 20 inch MRAP hutchinson wheels with the adapter plate, but both of the front wheels are rubbing, I have my adapter plate dish inside of the wheel, can someone please tell me what Im doing wrong. I've seen a ton of people use these wheels, check out the pictures.

Attachments

Hummer Guy

I think I've figured it out, these are all dually MRAP wheels, does anyone know if I can just turn the front wheels around and run them or would I have to get another set of 2 wheels for the front?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
... or would I have to get another set of 2 wheels for the front?
That....

Feltz has the (correct) 12-bolt steel wheels at $50ea

Hummer Guy

That....

That sucks, but that isn't bad, it's time to see what shipping is going to be

Hummer Guy

That....

They'll still rub with the wheels being turn around or would it just limit my turning radius? I really would hate to ditch these aluminum wheels on the side for the steel ones.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really would hate to ditch these aluminum wheels on the side for the steel ones.
Problem is you got the wrong wheels, with too much backspace .
If you really wanted aluminum, you need this one:

Hummer Guy

Problem is you got the wrong wheels, with too much backspace .
If you really wanted aluminum, you need this one:
Yea you're right, I try to turn it around and realize that won't work. The ones I have is fine in the rear right? I don't see it rubbing against anything

Hummer Guy

Depends.... Did you flip the hubs?
Maybe post a few pictures of the rears, installed.
I didn't flip the hubs, I can get some pictures behind of it today when the rain slows down a bit but I took these yesterday

Attachments

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stance looks perfect. If I’m seeing your pictures correctly, it looks as if your tie-rods are just barely rubbing the wheels? Maybe you could have spacer rings cut to go between the adapters and wheels, or trade someone with thicker adapters? How thick are yours? I can measure mine late this week.

Hummer Guy

The stance looks perfect. If I’m seeing your pictures correctly, it looks as if your tie-rods are just barely rubbing the wheels? Maybe you could have spacer rings cut to go between the adapters and wheels, or trade someone with thicker adapters? How thick are yours? I can measure mine late this week.
I'll have to check, they're not that thick, but I don't think spacers would work since the studs are short. The tie rods are barely rubbing but it's rubbing enough to eat the wheel if you move the truck.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking a ring with the same OD as your adapter, same ID as the MRAP wheel bore, with the 10 bolt holes in them. That way no interference or extra stress on the studs.

DeMilitarized

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks