• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels not fitting up front

Hummer Guy

I was thinking a ring with the same OD as your adapter, same ID as the MRAP wheel bore, with the 10 bolt holes in them. That way no interference or extra stress on the studs.
Smart I'm going to give that a try, I found some 1/2 Inch adapters, if those give it enough space than I'll go for some spacers in between the adapters. Does anyone have a picture of how close the tie rods are to the stock wheels or how it is to the other MRAP wheels?

Hummer Guy

After getting the wheel out of the way and checking under the truck, the wheel is rubbing on the arm that connects to the tie rod. My adapter plate is 3/8 in thick. Im guessing the 1/2-inch-thick spacer should solve the problem or at least I hope. These wheels offset seems very similar to the stock wheels

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep and I just sold 7 of those for $1000. Couldn't give them away.
That's the funny thing with selling military wheels/tires. No one wants them until you finally mark them down to just get rid of them and all of a sudden more people need them.

Hummer Guy

After taking some measurements, I highly doubt the spacer would work, the wheels I have is about 2 1/2 inch deeper inside than the stock wheels. What do you guys think about running the stock wheels on the 395s? I know people do it, but I'm concern about the rubbing since I have the waterloo power steering kit.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hummer Guy

Those work. Not my first choice as they leave the fragile valve stem rather exposed. I've broken more than one valvestem on those...

But they're priced right, and a pronounced improvement from what you've got now.
Interesting, Im going to just wait and see if I could find the other aluminum ones, I'll just look like a tractor with small tires in the front and big tires in the rear for now if I have to use the truck lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks