• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MSD-ICE Kit 2 software reading isssues

Saffronkat

Hi,

I am using windows 7 Pro 64 bit but cannot find anything still available for loading .hlp I have the full ice kit and both CD's , all the humvee files opened OK

dmetalmiki

starting with the release of Windows Vista and continuing in Windows 7, the Windows Help program will not ship as a feature of Windows 7 and newer. If you want to view 32-bit . hlp files, you must download and install the program (WinHlp32.exe) from the Microsoft Download Center ".

Saffronkat

Hi,

I am using windows 7 Pro 64 bit but cannot find anything still available for loading .hlp I have the full ice kit and both CD's , all the humvee files opened OK
Thanks for the quick response! I tried to download WinHlp32.exe but Microsoft only shows it available for Windows 8.1
On disc 1 I get the message " this operating system is not supported by the EMS -2 software"

Saffronkat

starting with the release of Windows Vista and continuing in Windows 7, the Windows Help program will not ship as a feature of Windows 7 and newer. If you want to view 32-bit . hlp files, you must download and install the program (WinHlp32.exe) from the Microsoft Download Center ".

Saffronkat

Thanks for the quick response! I tried to download WinHlp32.exe but Microsoft only shows it available for Windows 8.1
On disc 1 I get the message " this operating system is not supported by the EMS -2 software"
I might be able to still upgrade to Windows 10 free, will that solve the issue.
?

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
I don’t have any idea if it’ll work, but it’s much more likely to work on an older OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saffronkat

Maybe right click and run in compatibility mode? Dual boot XP on the laptop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Managed to run Windows 7 in compatibility mode, and it looks like iit is working!

Thank you all for the help! I will post some pics of my 1992 M998 in a few weeks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks