• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MSP- Mobile Surveillance Platform

Rooney

It's been a couple months since I posted about the trailer I was working on. I figured I would post a couple pics for you. It's a long range portable surveillance and communications platform. I hope you like it. The skid on the trailer can be removed and set in the back of a truck or on a static ground platform.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice!
Three questions:
1) Why isn't it green?
2) What do you use it for?
3) Why isn't it green?

Rooney

Re: RE: MSP- Mobile Surveillance Platform

319 said:
Very nice!
Three questions:
1) Why isn't it green?
2) What do you use it for?
3) Why isn't it green?
1) We also make green and tan
2) Used by the Military, U.N, Homeland Security, and some law enforcement agencies worlwide (Although electronics packages vary by nation (State department export regulations))
3) See attached pic. Navy MIUWU unit

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: MSP- Mobile Surveillance Platform

My impression was that this was your personal rig. Still very nice. My neighbors would love to see this towering over their homes.
What is the range and is it optical or IR?

Rooney

Re: RE: Re: RE: MSP- Mobile Surveillance Platform

319 said:
My impression was that this was your personal rig. Still very nice. My neighbors would love to see this towering over their homes.
What is the range and is it optical or IR?
Actually the white one is my personal rig. I built it to show as well as play around with. I'm working on a remote gun system to go on it. Obviously I wont be able to use it anywhere except the long range (1000m) about 2 miles from my house (unless I get someone to pay for range time at Yuma proving grounds :lol: )

The system is both optical and IR with ground surveillance radar. A man size target can be detected, seen, and tracked at 10km+. The control range will vary by type of communications, i.e., microwave, satelite, etc. To better hold down the latency (delay time) of the system from long range communications the radar is tied into the camera systems to "slue to cue" and can autotrack. I could put the system at the south pole and control it from my couch if I could get it there.