• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MT-1029 help please.

SoylentGreen

I'm trying to install an RT-524A in my Deuce. I have an NOS MT-1029 mount with an NOS CX-4720 power cable. The problem is when I touch the positive wire(s) to the positive post on the battery I get a large arc. This is with the mount installed without the radio and it does it whether the negative wires are attached or not. Any ideas?

Boatcarpenter

Typically the 4720 wires are paired as follows. Black and green= negative, Red and White= Positive. Check that out. Then I suppose I would check to make sure the mount is wired accordingly. Check continuity from the paired wires to the pins to make sure no stray wire strand is touching another terminal inside the connector. Had this on one of my cables. Check to make sure pin #'s out of the cable match the pin in #'s on the mount. Check to make sure that positive in the mount is not shorted to ground somewhere internally in it.
Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you except check every step of the way for proper continuity.
BC

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks