• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTA meet wheel'n and deal'n

Cdub

Hey Guys,

There were many vendors at the meet.......who got the best deals or just some really hard to find stuff......??

seya,

C'dub

Mike_Pop

RE: MTA meet wheel

I found a couple European gerry cans, an aluminum USMC gerry can, a brand new M416 vinyl cover, and a bunch of antenna tie down kits. Unfortunately, someone stole some of the kits along with a bunch of nuts and bolts. C'dub...you wouldn't happen to know about this would you?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

From what I understand, those aluminum jerry cans were made specifically for the M422 Mighty Mite. I may be wrong, but I was told virtually everything on that rig was designed to be lightweight to be more air-transportable.

Wish I could have gone to this show... :(

Mike_Pop

From what I understand, those aluminum jerry cans were made specifically for the M422 Mighty Mite.
Mike,
The Mite didn't come with a gerry can holder so I am not sure if they were specific to it. You are correct that everything is lightweight. This will make a nice addition to my Mite anyway since I mounted a gerry can holder on the tail gate.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Good point, but I know the M416B1 trailer that went with the Mite had two jerry can holders, so I guess it went to that.

Mike_Pop

maddawg308 said:
Good point, but I know the M416B1 trailer that went with the Mite had two jerry can holders, so I guess it went to that.
Ahh...never thought of that.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scored 2 complete BII bags worth of hand tools. 1 for a M35A2 W/W and the other for a M800 series 5 ton W/W... I could tell by the 2 sizes of shear pins in the bags. Not bad for both for $40....

Also scored an original WWII Jeep antenna base with the antenna bag, complete, for $200.. Another vendor had repro bases for $285, and no antennas....

Mike_Pop

Mark...
You had some really nice tarps at very reasonable prices. Wish I had the money or a need for them.

Cdub

Good to see the thread get started.......

Mike, I have no idea what your talking about.....I would consider them payment for the slave labor for me and my son for spending hours upon hours sorting out nuts and bolts......Hahahaha.....

Well my list would start with:

an orginal spair tire hoist chain for the M939 series
3 water cans
2 fuel cans
2 3/4" tow bar pins
2 mermites
digie Sand Marine shirt & pants for my son w/free old style woodland hat
50mm bullit for my son
5 gallon can of GAA greese
MT 1029 mounting plate
2 Air hoses for towing
power and antenna cable for a RT-524 radio
radio mount bracket for an M939
snatch block
3/8" safety chain
3/8" chain
fan clutch for a Cummins 250
used air wipe motor
matlock w/o handle
" T " handle for M939 hood
12 cans of either start
Trainning Manual for M939 series ** freebee** " THANKS Randy Emr "
5 ton snatch block ** freebee** " THANKS Randy Emr "
2 Army jackets for me and my son ** freebee ** " THANKS Art "

I think I was the only one that needed a palet and a palet mover with all the cool stuff that I got from Mark......well except for the guy that bought the ring mount for a deuce..

A good time was had by all.......Very good crowd.....and a lot of selling and buying....

I did manage to sell a few of the civi head lights and a front fender light to help offset some of the costs of the many hot dogs I got for lunch from Thursday to Sunday....

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

What I thought was really kinda cool is that as people get to know me and that I've gota M939 series five ton. The vendors are calling me over to their stand. Saying..." Hey C'dub....I got this for a five ton....or check this out...it's for a 900 series....I really liked haning with Art, Mike Pop, Mark, Randy, John Tennis, Don....and a hole bunch of guys from the MTA......This show to me has got to be in a close running in size to Gilbert as a first timer for both.......

Cheers,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks