• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTV Engine and transmission swap

coachgeo

Has this been done before? The axels that go to the spider gears aren't that big, but the 2:1 halves the torque going through it. Would it not be a weak spot if you got rid of the gears?
that was my thinking too.... would think Pumpkin too weak with out reduction gears sharing the load of forces.

TheDrashStash

that was my thinking too.... would think Pumpkin too weak with out reduction gears sharing the load of forces.
I've pulled axel shafts out of semis and they are way bigger, granted they're semi trucks, but the axel shafts from a lmtv look slightly bigger than a pickup... The pumpkins look equal to a mid size truck so I'd think they would be ok but the axels would twist in half

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks