• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTV Front Left Mud Flap?

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the MTV, the front left side mud flap, rear side closest to the battery box, what are the structures attached for?

Is it for holding something?

Couldn't find it anywhere, but I am blind in one eye and can't see in the other!

Thanks!

InkedFront mud flap with..._LI.jpg

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They hold the wheel chalks and chains.
Thanks for the info!

Yeah I was thinking that, but I have never seen a MV or a picture of one with wheel chocks or chains attached.
Are the wheel chocks that go in them specific to MV's? If so where can you find them?

Tom.

Last edited:

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find them at auction at times. The OEM were rubber, but I've seen them made of wood.

Surplus can be found, but you can find the exact same OEM rubber ones on the civilian market (just look for the RV/semi truck size, not passenger vehicle).

This is what I use:

They are the exact same type I use for my 20 foot box trailer.

Thanks again for all of your info and help, be safe.

Tom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks