• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR Rims to a 900 series

Thermonukelier

Hello all! I am a newbee to this forum and would like to say hi. Actually this is my first forum at all, so forgive me if I respond incorrectly. Anyway, I have an M923A1 and an M925 both in exceptional shape. I have recently purchased several 395 85R20 tires on MTVR rims from GL. Not knowing much about the rims, I thought that they might fit. Obviously I was wrong! Doing a quick search here, I did not find to much info on them. So, the question is are these rims worth modifying or has anybody even tried playing with these rims to fit any M939s?

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MTVR's do not use 395's. Post a picture of what you have. It will help us determain what you have, what they fit, and what they're worth.

Thermonukelier

Yes you are right, I just checked my receipt and they are supposed to be MRAP rims. Not sure why I thought they were MTVR rims. Definately larger opening than the M939's. Sorry, just call me Mr.Toolbag. I will get pictures here tomorrow so you can see.

Thermonukelier

The problem with the spacer plate option that I see is that the bolt spacing centers on the M939's are about the same size as the opening on these rims. So some cutting would need to be done on the rim, it would seem. But I have not yet measured them in detail.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Vintage iron has adapter(s) for them to 5ton and maybe some other vendors on the classifieds.

Check with Matt @ Vintage as he has his email and phone # posted on the ad and has been very helpful to me. :)

Thermonukelier

I believe Vintage iron has adapter(s) for them to 5ton and maybe some other vendors on the classifieds.

Check with Matt @ Vintage as he has his email and phone # posted on the ad and has been very helpful to me. :)
Yeah, but from what I found on a thread is that the rims will need to be cut. But I guess that is what I am looking at doing. Or trade them for some other type of rim. Here is a picture of them. View attachment 409020

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks