• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR up close

halftrack

I had to represent after seeing the FMTV junk. First the Wrecker.

Attachments

halftrack

halftrack

Represent!

Thats the real deal. None of that modified Chinese Buffet delivery vehicle stuff. The MTVR is a beast. I got to ride in the cargo version on Oshkosh's test track two years ago. It's a perk having Oshkosh as your parent company! With a 425hp C12 and a beefy HD Allison that truck not only has the looks but has the drivetrain to back it!
Andy

emr

RE: Represent!

That is the real deal for sure, Have always thought that is the most superior truck in the world...A friend of mine who heads the Morter development here in picatiny, Has the Honor and the clout to take the MTVR and a LIVE 155 to any parade or function He wants, They have had one for hauling there 155 since they came out, And I have had the pleasure being up close and personal with that thing also, That is the top of the top of the line...you are comparing apples to oranges.not nearly the same truck , or simply what was asked for by the 2 different services...The Army is much cheaper ...but for there buck they got a good truck too...Randy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jason for the effort, great pictures!
What strikes me is the number of commercial items, plastic parts, labeling, color coding of wires and hoses, rocker switches on the dash....what kind of the light switch does it have?

halftrack

The MTVRs no longer have the traditional style light switches. A "rocker type". Why, I don't know. That is the only disappointment I found with the vehicle and it is probably becsause I am a traditionalist.

One good reason for using commerical parts is that a unit can open a line of credit with a local vendor and purchase parts instead of having a vehicle deadlined for months waiting on a specific military "spec part". Also, when they DRMO these vehicles, it will be easier to fix when I get one. :lol:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are nice trucks, but ask the USMC how many Marines get hurt getting on and off the backs of them.... Also consider loading stuff into the back by hand without MHE..... It's a TALL bed.....

halftrack

emmado22 said:
They are nice trucks, but ask the USMC how many Marines get hurt getting on and off the backs of them.... Also consider loading stuff into the back by hand without MHE..... It's a TALL bed.....
Thats why we have these. :D

Attachments

Cdub

halftrack said:
". Also, when they DRMO these vehicles, it will be easier to fix when I get one. :lol:
Jason,

Thanks so much for taking the time to take and post all of the pic of the Marine MTVR 7 ton. I had to create a hole new folder in my PC just to save all the pic you have posted......

I can't wait until these hit the DRMO either.........I'll be waiting........!!! :D

OOH RAH,

C'dub

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CDub,

These things may NEVER make it to DRMO/GL.. With the sucess of the rebuild/rest programs, I dont think Uncle will just "get rid of" trucks anytime in the next 20-30 years....

Cdub

Well I may not have any hair or what little will be left will all be white by the time these hit the DRMO.........or not even be able to drive becasue I'm so old.......I'll just make a flower pot out of it in the front yard....

We all must dream sometimes...........

It sure is one Helva a MV.

C'dub

joec

Wrecker..!!!!!!!

That isn't fair...... :drool:
Nice rig looks like a M816 on steroids.!!
That is sweet. I see it has a blade underneath it for winching. Is it a fixed boom or rotator.

Thats not fair it has 2 winches built in the body.. I can't look no more.

Thanks Halftrack A man after my own heart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks