• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud Coast road rally and M35A2

pad_cdr

Put 180 miles on the truck yesterday, maybe 30 miles paved road, the rest was narrow gravel and Class B minimal maintenance road. Got hooked up with a local group Road Rally Charities who did a a great job of planning and organizing the event. I'll post some pix later on, but I would encourage you to consider participating next year if Central Iowa is within driving distance for you.

The M35A2 sure got a lot of attention (and the peoples choice award) and the two M1009s that were along made for a great day. All told, there were about 40 4wd vehicles.

A great way to burn 25 gallons of fuel. I did learn (or relearn) why you don't wrap your thumbs around the steering wheel, after it nearly took my thumb off after hitting a particularly rutted section of one of the roads.

Have to go out today and get all the mud off, and figure out what to do to get the rear axle back in line (it is shifted to the left about an inch). Haven't figured out why my muscles hurt. I don't remember noticing stiff arms and left (clutch) leg when I drove a deuce regularly 30 years ago for Uncle Sam.

Milkman357

Too bad

I was behind ya in My M-1009 and wished I had a Camera that could have recorded you as you went thru that deep hole!

Didn't look like you were trying very hard to get past it... I was surprised at how far I thought you dropped into that hole.......

I really really really want on! We are gonna have to buy a farm to store them and drive them at....!

I knew you would win a shovel/trophy... you had the COOLEST JEEP there!

(Kaiser Jeep)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks