• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud Flap weights for m818?

03silverado

I bought my M818 last year and have been doing little things trucks in great shape installed civilian mud flaps because of the price of the military flaps I want to install the weights on the bottom and was wondering is it cheaper to make them or does anybody know where I could buy them if they are relatively resonable?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my M818 last year and have been doing little things trucks in great shape installed civilian mud flaps because of the price of the military flaps I want to install the weights on the bottom and was wondering is it cheaper to make them or does anybody know where I could buy them if they are relatively resonable?
Mud flaps and the bars are easy it's the stand off brackett you have to have made up. Did one on mine but used quarter fenders and not the bars.

Attachments

armadillofz1

I'm in the same boat. just got an 818 with no flaps. i ordered a set of arms mounts and flaps for about $50 new. think i'm going to bolt some lead weights or heavy barstock to them.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
It depends on what type of flaps your running. Lighter ones need weights. Ill snap some pictures tomorrow of mine, I dont use weights but I dont need them either. My last M818 I restoreed I used a light weight flap and had to bolt on a weight. Now if you want a normal weight a truck stop sells them you can paint OD or Black. Jay

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks