• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud flaps on the M939 Tractor

AZ Mitch

Has anyone on this forum been cited for missing mud flaps on the M939 Tractor, while driving in California, Nevada, or Arizona? One morequestion, are the M939 series trucks 12 volt?
Thanks Mitch

Doomsday

It's on my list for my 932 cuz I don't wanna get stopped.....but, knock on wood, I have been passed by numerous CHP and they haven't thought to give me any crap about them missing yet......

Joe

Ddmk18

I know in Pa they will fine you IF they know your a civilian driving it. If they think it's military they don't even look at it.

AZ Mitch

Whatam I doing wrong, every time I cut and paste text to the thread box the wordsget squished together?I really don’t stutter. When I try to edit my text, the changes are not saved?

jdknech

I have not been stopped... yet, but i picked up the brackets for the flaps at the at the local truck parts place, for $14.00... kinda hard to justfy not having them at that price..

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I was wrong there. I just traded fora M931 and it does not have mud flaps and looks like a pain in the AZZ. I need to get steel plate 3 1/2 to 4 inches wide by maybe 9 inches long and make the extenders off the frame. Once again I like to see mud flaps on any of our Military stuff as I don't like to give or receive a broken windscreen.

Gunzy

Utah requires mud flaps on ALL trucks from mini(like Toyota) and up. All GVW's doesn't matter. Lack of them WILL get you a ticket here.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some states have laws requiring them and some dont. But I think it falls under common courtesy. The tires on these trucks have deep treads and will pick up and throw whatever is on the road. If you drive your tractor around your farm or offroad only thats one thing but if you drive on public roads you should have mud flaps.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to change the color after you cut and paste.

I have one mount and one mud flap if anyone is interested.
The mud flap bar has a little bend in it, works just fine.

Attachments

goldneagle

Some of the M931/M932 trucks already come with the brackets and mudflaps and others don't. You can always ask a member that is parting out a M931 if they have them for sale. Even if you can just get the steel extensions that attach to the frame. You can always use civi mud flaps with them. I did. I got mine from Jeff Davis when he was parting out a bunch of M931. Bought heavy duty mudflaps from Ryder Fleet Products.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mud flaps are a kit added to the tractors. It also consists of rack/holder on the tool box so they can be pulled, removed and stowed away.

one is available on epay at gold price. :-( search numbers below.

US ARMY P/N - 12300848
NSN - 2540-01-281-9855

goldneagle

The mud flaps are a kit added to the tractors. It also consists of rack/holder on the tool box so they can be pulled, removed and stowed away.

one is available on epay at gold price. :-( search numbers below.

US ARMY P/N - 12300848
NSN - 2540-01-281-9855
I have seen the military use the same square hole bracket attached to the tool box as a storage for the mudflaps.

I think I still have a pair of square hole brackets that attach to the extension plates for the mudflaps. $30 for the 2 shipped Priority Mail.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks