• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mud tire suggestions

Ok I am sure some one aready cover this but I searched and no luck. I just got my deuce cleared with the euc and would like to get a set of 4 mud tires. Truck may see some road but rare if that. So what tire do I look for? I will be bobbing it! So what worked for you or wish you would have gotten? THANKS for helping!!:beer:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Basicly the answer to that question is yes, whichever you use. If you don't like chains, I'd say XML or XZL tires.

flyxpl

I like the goodyear 395 MTV tread pattern . The way the lugs are set up I think they will be better ride with still a good bite . I feel every lug hit the road in my A3 with xzl's and at 50 mph the tires scream all kinds of noise .

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, but he said his won't see much street time. I'm sure you know this but the bigger spaces in the tire lugs will release the mud easier than a tight tread pattern. Problem with a deuce is getting the wheels to spin fast enough to fling the mud out!

flyxpl

Yes, it takes power to clean the mud out of a tire and the deuce is a little lacking in that area . My 55 willeys jeep tought me that , man that thing was a puch .

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goodyear MVT's are rock pickers. Always picking up regular sized gravel, carrying it out, and tossing it. Hopefully not into someone's windshield. Like previous posts state, are harder to sling mud from.
THe XML is a decent tire for off road and mud unless you want to go with rice and kane tires for real mudding.

The deuce in pic 3 is sporting 1400's, I'm told.

Attachments

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely XZL's. Just a little harder to find in a size to fit the deuce. Second choice would be the Firestone T831's. 3rd choice is Goodyear MV/T; also good on road.

ApopkaFL

Banned
Being the Military Tire guy that I am, I would suggest the 14.5 XLs they will stand 43.4" tall. Or you can get youir self some of the Gs20 15.50 / 80 / 20 XL They are same as the 395/85/20 They are 46.6 tall. Here is a good refernce for you too look at.

Army Military Tires

Rodman

emr

Goodyear MVT's are rock pickers. Always picking up regular sized gravel, carrying it out, and tossing it. Hopefully not into someone's windshield. Like previous posts state, are harder to sling mud from.
THe XML is a decent tire for off road and mud unless you want to go with rice and kane tires for real mudding.

The deuce in pic 3 is sporting 1400-24's, I'm told.
Rice and Kane all the way, If I could afford em they would be on some rims for when i get the need, they are the best for sure, all others are well, just combo baby tires next to those