• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mudding

MDSA

Last Monday went mudding with my sons and their friends. Took the Deuce, my son's 4X4 Ranger and a 4X4 F150. Had a blast. The mud holes were too easy for the Deuce but the teens all got a big kick out of the Deuce. There was only one hole I couldn't get through. It was deep and then had a high side for the exit and the Deuce just wouldn't do it. I almost couldn't back out, but she finally spun out. I had to skirt that hole.

On the way out, the white Ford fell in the ruts and ended up on its frame. My son wanted to try to pull it out with his Ranger - no way. No problem for the Deuce. We had to dry out the distributor cap after we got him out of the ruts. Been a LONG LONG time since I've had to do that.

At one point it took all 6 teens under the F150 to tighten the transmission bolts. Oh, youth.

Only problem was the trails narrowed and I rubbed against a bunch of pines. Broke off one clearance light and tore the soft top in 2 places. All fixable.

Attachments

m.walker

The stories will start out , remember when we went muddin' and dad took the army truck ! Looks like you guys had a blast , good on ya dad you can't buy memories like that ! Love the pics , brings back days of playin in the mud .

Marlboro

Time well spent! If more of us would do this we would have less problems with our youth today. [thumbzup]
I take my deuce out EVERY saturday or sunday, It often makes me feel like being a drug dealer would be easier than exploring the back woods. Police are alway giving me the chase, However let me go b/c they know i'm not hurting anything just on private land. I'm fortuate that i learned about 4x4's and 6x6's b/c i feel its the only thing that has kept me on the straight and narrow! BTW i'm in new jersey no good legal areas to go. aua

Josh

When ever I take the deuce wheeling , I always carry a chainsaw just in case. But avoid trails that I have never been down before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks