• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler on a multi-fuel...?

goldneagle

I put a Walker big truck muffler on mine. Now I can hear the transmission, transfer case, and axles singing as I go down the road. I don't think there's anything you can do to make it quiet enough to not use some kind of hearing protection Don.
That looks a lot like the one I installed on mine from NAPA.

There is no sneaking up on someone with a deuce even if its not running.
I think they make noise just sitting in the driveway.
My 109 box would heat up, boom, cool down, bang
Thats from the heat shields on the windows and the rooftop buckling in the heat.
Closing doors sounds like you are hitting a gong.
But what can I say, im installing a muffler and running my exaust out the back on my bobber. I just feel sorry for anyone tailgating me. poof cough cough.
I ran my exhaust out the back...best mod you can do to a Deuce !

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mufflers are for pussy's
There is something to be said about hearing yourself think and passenger communication w/o hearing protection.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with this particular mod non original exhaust equipment to deaden sound. From all the comments I have read this mod does not take away from the ascetics and is more practical for any urban MV dweller.2cents

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.................this mod does not take away from the ascetics and is more practical for any urban MV dweller.2cents
:ditto:
..... and regarding aesthetics: if sized right one could barely tell its there.;)

G.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What G said.

BTW, I like the snorkel set up you did. To cool.....! Good Job.

Thats 3 thumbs up for ingenuity and 1 rep point from me...![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

RAYZER

There is something to be said about hearing yourself think and passenger communication w/o hearing protection.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with this particular mod non original exhaust equipment to deaden sound. From all the comments I have read this mod does not take away from the ascetics and is more practical for any urban MV dweller.2cents
I agree Don. However,at least with the dynomax glass pac style
Muffler ,the noise level at road speeds is still not very hearing friendly since a lot of the noise comes from gear wine and vibration,db level readings may still be too high and protection should still be worn,imo,the glass pac style muffler (not sure about the larger style muffler) works best in around town driving and when you pull into your neighbourhood at midnight and let the truck idel a few minutes before shutting her down.
I think the muffler mod is definitely worth while,I plan to install them on the rest of my trucks. :grd::grd:

Heavysteven

A c turbo is defining without a muffler. It touch the edge off. I will make another video this weekend if I have time at full rpm.

I like the idea of the muffler being hidden.

There is a guy in Woodstock Georgia who ran his exhaust out the back. I saw it at homedepot one day looked and sounded nice. His wife was in the truck with him even.

JOEDEUCE

The large muffler I used, made a world of difference, its available at NAPA, part # 21470, was $75. Has a nice deep sound, didn't kill the turbo sound either. I painted it with high temp flat black and added a rain flapper cap... way better.. go to deuce hot rodding section and look for the thread "all the stuff I did to my Deuce, right here" by sewerzuk....he's got photos of this same muffler on the very first page of his thread.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C screams otherwise known as a Whistler,
D is just a turbo
You might want to look into the lizard skin and spray the cab and floors with it. Helps with the noise levels.

Lizard skin, is that what you are doing if you ever get your truck back..? Do you have a good link for it...? Never mind, I guess I can Goggle it,daaaaaa

Katahdin

I first saw a demo of Lizard Skin on Powerblock TV but can't seem to locate a free clip of it. Anywho, this guy does a pretty good demo:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-oChMpSqM[/media]