• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mufflers for the 6.2

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my 1st CUCV, an 86 M1028 dually. The previous owner put straight pipes on her & it's stupid loud. I drove it about an hour from where I bought it to my house & my ears were ringing pretty good. Can yall recomend some mufflers for this thing? I've always run headers, true duals & 40 series flowmasters on all my other trucks but they were gas sbc. This is my 1st diesel besides my Deuce & we all know how loud those things are. I like it loud but I don't want it to ring my ears.

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate the links but non of those threads address the question I asked. In all that the only mention of mufflers was one guy said he likes glass packs & another guy bought some cheapos from NAPA cause that all he could afford at the time. What I'm asking is can I use the same ol mufflers I would put on a gas truck? Will they be too restrictive? Will they sound half way decent? Ect
..... I dont know jack bout diesel that's why I'm asking. Maybe I'm over thinking it & just need to stick flowmasters on it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate the links but non of those threads address the question I asked. In all that the only mention of mufflers was one guy said he likes glass packs & another guy bought some cheapos from NAPA cause that all he could afford at the time. What I'm asking is can I use the same ol mufflers I would put on a gas truck? Will they be too restrictive? Will they sound half way decent? Ect
..... I dont know jack bout diesel that's why I'm asking. Maybe I'm over thinking it & just need to stick flowmasters on it.
Post #8 of this thread has the same walker part number that cucvrus posted the information is there if you read the threads. M1008 Muffler

cucvrus

Flow masters work. I put new mufflers on my current build 10 years ago. They are a bit dirty but good as new. I also put stainless steel exhaust on an M1009. It never rusted. I sold it 2 years ago.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks