• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule bed

borky51

Is it a big project to remove the bed from the mule frame I started to clean the mule for a paint job, I thought it would be easier to remove the bed and work on the mule. What is the best way to fill holes in in the bed I have a M274 A-5 1970 Aluninum Frame

Al Harvey

It's a pain to remove but it really isn't too bad. You will probably need to get a new set of deck bolts for it. I'd suggest getting a socket with a large phillips head to hold the bolts from the top. Also I used an impact driver to help break them free. The type that you hit with a hammer and it turns to break them loose.

borky51

It's a pain to remove but it really isn't too bad. You will probably need to get a new set of deck bolts for it. I'd suggest getting a socket with a large phillips head to hold the bolts from the top. Also I used an impact driver to help break them free. The type that you hit with a hammer and it turns to break them loose.
Thanks; I think that I could do allot better job by removing the bed / weld the holes. Have a great day.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You know a mule is made to work on it by closing all the valves and putting it on the left side, a lot less cussing than pulling the bed.2cents

borky51

You know a mule is made to work on it by closing all the valves and putting it on the left side, a lot less cussing than pulling the bed.2cents
I like that better then pulling the bed, but I still have sand blast everything and fill the holes in the bed I was worried about sand getting in the engine compartment and seals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks