• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule bed

borky51

Is it a big project to remove the bed from the mule frame I started to clean the mule for a paint job, I thought it would be easier to remove the bed and work on the mule. What is the best way to fill holes in in the bed I have a M274 A-5 1970 Aluninum Frame

Al Harvey

It's a pain to remove but it really isn't too bad. You will probably need to get a new set of deck bolts for it. I'd suggest getting a socket with a large phillips head to hold the bolts from the top. Also I used an impact driver to help break them free. The type that you hit with a hammer and it turns to break them loose.

borky51

It's a pain to remove but it really isn't too bad. You will probably need to get a new set of deck bolts for it. I'd suggest getting a socket with a large phillips head to hold the bolts from the top. Also I used an impact driver to help break them free. The type that you hit with a hammer and it turns to break them loose.
Thanks; I think that I could do allot better job by removing the bed / weld the holes. Have a great day.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You know a mule is made to work on it by closing all the valves and putting it on the left side, a lot less cussing than pulling the bed.2cents

borky51

You know a mule is made to work on it by closing all the valves and putting it on the left side, a lot less cussing than pulling the bed.2cents
I like that better then pulling the bed, but I still have sand blast everything and fill the holes in the bed I was worried about sand getting in the engine compartment and seals.