• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule in the snow

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the mule out for a couple loops around the house. They go good straight but take a little more room for the turns. Good fun! 20150125_132542.jpg20150125_134652.jpg20150125_142229.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the best parts of this hobby is the fun for the little co-drivers! :)

Many years ago, I showed up for a parade our local MVPA chapter was participating in, with my kids. Other members said "We can bring kids??". I said "Well, I intend to!". Its been a family oriented group ever since. I've had my kids and their friends aboard for most events over the years. Several of the kids, mine included, are now grown up and bring their own vehicles to events.

Cheers

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats how it started for me. Im a second generation MV hoarder myself. My daughter accompanies me to almost all events that I do. She told me she loves the smell of canvas.[thumbzup]

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My daughter is a girlie girl, but she has her own M1009 and M416 trailer, and was the first female member of our club to drive a vehicle to an event. She wants my Unimog!

I blame my dad for my MV fixation. When I was quite wee, he took me down to the docks in Dublin to see a bunch of new military trucks being unloaded and delivered to the army. That's where I saw my first Unimog, loved them ever since. After that, I was a mad Minitanks collector (they cost less than a shilling then, so were within the bounds of a kid's pocket money).
My Mog was my first full-scale MV, and it's all snowballed from there.

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No kids of my own so I borrow some from friends. We started taking a 12 y.o. to events and he loved the deuce (keeps bugging me to let him have it even now). That 12 y.o. is now 19 and has a M1009 as his daily driver. Since I can't pass this disease along genetically I have to do so mentally.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truly is a great family hobby. The looks we get in the parades when my daughter is propped up in the deuce are priceless.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Always nice to see kids enjoying the MVs.

Who are we kidding here, we are just "big kids"...

Keith_J

No kids of my own so I borrow some from friends. We started taking a 12 y.o. to events and he loved the deuce (keeps bugging me to let him have it even now). That 12 y.o. is now 19 and has a M1009 as his daily driver. Since I can't pass this disease along genetically I have to do so mentally.
So you got me into this mess?

for the uninformed, I am now step dad to this 19 year old. Plus his three brothers. I now am now I charge of a motor pool, mostly as the wrench spinner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks