• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule won't fire

Benharris

I recently got my first Mule, love these things. It isn't running and I'm looking for more ideas.

It will crank, I'm getting lots of fuel at the T on the side of the carburetor, I've taken the carb off and cleaned it out. There was definitely some gunk in it. I drained the gas out of the tank and put in new ethanol free gas with stabilizer and Marvel Mystery Oil (just this first tank). I checked the in-tank fuel filter, looks good. I blew out the return line to the tank. Checked the fuel filter and sediment bowl, cleaned out. Checked the spark plugs.

It fires and runs for a few seconds with starting fluid, so I'm assuming I have good spark. What are the next things to look at? I guess the cylinders still aren't getting fuel for some reason, where do I start?

Thanks.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are your plugs getting wet after you crank it over? If not, your intake hoses in the manifold may also be cracked and that will cause a no start/poor run condition.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Underneath the air shroud. They connect the tubes going to each cylinder to the intake manifold.