• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi-Fuel Elimation...?????

neb4x4

Hi all!!! Just got my deuce about a month ago. Been tinkering with it here and there. Saw the post about the "block/water-pump housing" heater, and I am doing that tonight, (didn't get the right heater) ohh well..... MY ??????????? Is I have a sticker on the oil can reading that more-or-less this engine/inj pump is no longer a multi-fuel. SEE THE PIC... Am I correct in this assumption??? If so, how can I make it a multi-fuel again, or do I EVEN NEED BOTHER????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THANKS

BRANDON

Attachments

54reo

no...........................your engine is still a multifuel.............................................even with the FDC bypassed...........................?????????????????????????...............................

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Multi fuel part of the engine is in the cylinders...the way the fuel is introduced into the cylinders. The FDC on the pump...Fuel Density Compensator..is what adjusts the metering of the fuel, based on viscosity, into the cylinder. If you chose to use other than diesel, and the FDC is bypassed, the pump will just meter the higher viscosity measurement into the cylinder. it results in higher cylinder temps and psi and exhaust temps. Guess if you used a gas mix it might hurt things,but I don't think another ol type product will hurt things...maybe a bit more smoke. Maybe others with more smarts will chime in.

dm22630

The Multi fuel part of the engine is in the cylinders...the way the fuel is introduced into the cylinders. The FDC on the pump...Fuel Density Compensator..is what adjusts the metering of the fuel, based on viscosity, into the cylinder. If you chose to use other than diesel, and the FDC is bypassed, the pump will just meter the higher viscosity measurement into the cylinder. it results in higher cylinder temps and psi and exhaust temps. Guess if you used a gas mix it might hurt things,but I don't think another ol type product will hurt things...maybe a bit more smoke. Maybe others with more smarts will chime in.

With the FDC removed, your engine will receive the identical amount of fuel (based on diesel) no matter what you are running. SO....if you are running gas, you will have less power. If you are running WMO, you will have more power (and more smoke due to unused fuel exiting via the exhaust).

With the FDC installed (and functional), it will provide your engine with the same amount of power no matter what you are running. However, it will pump more gas into the engine (where if you were running diesel/wmo/kerosene/etc, it would pump in less).

I am not a search nazi by ANY means....but this is a common item that can be easily searched.

2cents

neb4x4

Thanks for the help, BUT one more ??? With the FDC removed.... can I still run the engine on motor oil, trans fluid, vege oil, gas, kerosene, ect. and any mixture of the above...???
THANKS
BRANDON

dm22630

Absolutely.

DO NOT run 100% motor oil unless it is 100+ degrees outside.

DO NOT run 100% gas ever. (mix w/diesel or WMO).

Read under the "alternative fuels" section & see what others here do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
DM, don't think I agree with the 100% wmo unless it is 100* but the gas, NO WAY! I had wmo in the wrecker over the winter, it took longer to start, but thats it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks