• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi-fuel Heater

m139h2otruck

I am posting this on the 5 ton page as we expect to install this in our M-52A1.

Just got a NOS heater from a seller in MA that as you can see from the photos, is just the bare heater, no other parts. I am guessing that the unit installs in the same location as the hot water heaters, on the left side of the engine bay, with some sort of bracket, and should be connected to the firewall fitting, again like the hot water units. I think I need the mounting brackets, the adapter for the outlet hose, & the controller for the dash w/ its wiring harness.

Anyone got any good photos or layouts for this type of heater? Any lines on good used or NOS parts?
Thanks

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not for the M52, but the components are generally the same.
You will need the control box, cableing, ducting, fuel pump and fuel filter.

Don't know any one place for the parts, but keep your eyes open, they pop up here and there....

Attachments

ida34

Speaking of heater parts. I got the stuff in the mail and it looks like with a little bit of fabrication I should have a stock looking box for my truck. Thanks Bjorn.

m139h2otruck

Bjorn:
It looks like the fuel pump is on top of the heater, under the box cover but I may be wrong. I have never seen another one of these heaters except in pictures, so I can't be sure. What manual/truck was your diagram from? Can't tell if the heater is under the hood or on the outside fender.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks