• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi Fuel oil pan gasket?

Ridgerunner

Now that springs here, I have to do an oil change in the Deuce. While the oil is drained, I’m going to do an oil pan swap due to the dreaded GL fork truck.

I searched the typical sites (Memphis, White Owl, Eastern) and even ebay. I couldn’t fine anyone of them, that carry an oil pan gasket for the multi-fuel. What gives, do they not make an oil pan gasket for the multi-fuel yet? What does everyone else here use, if the gasket is no longer available?

greg2560

Humm will Permatex® the Right Stuff® Gasket Maker work. I have used it before but never on a oil pan... Looks to be some good stuff.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big vendors just don't have everything on their web sites. Memphis DOES have them, give them a call.

Bill W

I bought mine at Memphis ( around $25 ) as mentioned you have to call and ask. I also used Permatex ultra black gasket sealer/maker just to piss off the next guy who pulls the pan :mrgreen:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd bet lunch that White Owl has them too. I don't think they list any specific parts on theirr site.

Seth_O

I just replaced mine last week. Boyce had them (new, not NOS) for ~$48. I bought from Memphis for $16 + shipping. Just installed it on saturday, weird 4 peice thing, but went on just fine.

I did NOT add any kind of sealant on there. These are enough of a PITA to get off without adding glue.

Ridgerunner

Just to give the heads up for future reference. Memphis does indeed have them in stock. (just not listed on their website) Like Seth_O replied, they carry the four-piece gasket for $16.17. I was just going to use silly-cone on the new oil pan, but for that price, I'll throw an actual gasket in there.