• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi fuel powered Genset

nhdiesel

If its an experiment in "can it be done", it has. I have to question "why"? The engine is large enough that you would have to power half your neighborhood to come anywhere near being efficient. If you are powering your home, you will end up using a lot of fuel to do it. true, the fuel can be free, but it's still a lot. You also won't be working the engine at all, so it won't be running efficiently. By using a smaller diesel that will work a little harder, you will use less fuel by having a smaller engine running closer to peak power.

Just some thoughts...

Jim

tm america

i think more things should be multifuel powered. they seem to be very usefull. not sure a truck like the deuce was the best candidate.i think a half ton-one ton truck would have been great with a multifuel engine.didnt they make gensets with a cummins 6bt on them how hard would it be to stick the multi in the genset and throw the 6bt in the deuce:confused:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think at least one person on here has run a PTO-driven generator off the PTO on a deuce...
I agree, i seems like somebody would have a rear PTO similar to a tractor that they could hook up a PTO generator. I agree it would not be the most efficient, but it sure would be neat! [thumbzup]

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
George, we had an mep003 and I think it was only used for charging cell phones. You really think we need the 80kw unit?

HEHE, I said unit.

tm america

i'm just thinkin some poles lights.a couple fridges.a compressor a welder.maybe a couple bug zappers.i am looking to the future a little to far ahead.we could have some ac units going maybe some fans ? we would be able to run our lap tops and download pics of the fun we having?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks