• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel 465 Hydraulic Pump Fluid

Max

Trying to find out the proper hydraulic fluid and viscosity rating for my multifuel LD465 hydraulic pump-it powers a hydraulic ram steering configuration on my rig-the hydraulic pump looks original to the LD465 so I want to match the right fluid type. Anyone know the original specs on this?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Original LD465 engines didn't have hyd pumps on them in the deuce application.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its a Vickers pump, it was stock for the 5ton trucks. I used 10w oil, atf, or a light hydraulic fluid in mine.

Yes, whatever I am closest to.

Max

Still would like to know the correct spec on the hydraulic fluid if anyone knows since I will be adding to the reservoir tank and would like to ensure compatability. Thanks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
10 engine oil is the oem spec, power steering fluid will work better, has anti foam, corrosion, the 10 weight was a supply consideration

JasonS

I think that the spec is as much determined by the steering gear as the pump. Ross has a wide range of possible fluids for their gear.