• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel conversion

jesusgatos

But that's not to say you CAN'T do it. My Grandpa put a HUGE old Cat engine in a Suburban. Forget what it was exactly, but it was stupid. He finished it, but ended up parting it out because he couldn't find a rear-end with a high enough gear ratio to make it drivable.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

As stated at the beginning of the thread you can run all kinds of stuff in a diesel engine....I run my Ford diesel Ranger on 50/50 diesel/veggie in the summer.

If you thin it down so it will go through the IP and injectors a diesel will burn a lot of stuff.

nk14zp

Who was the first to BOB a duece and WHY did they do it????
because someone told them it wasn't possible....

Come on Guys, the American GI was, and in most cases still the most "creative" indivuals on the earth!!! I say CARRY ON !!!!
Remember the stories about the Jeeps that got "repowered" with the BigBlocks?????
This is just another form of repowering..... might rip the snot out of he truck, but done correctly ...... It will be ONE HECk of a RIDE!!!!
The army was the first to bob a deuce the xm381.

a little off subject, but shows you can build anything with enough skills, ingenuity, and a warped enought mind... i run a drive-thru convenience store, and tonight a customer came thru in a mid-90's Nissan 2-door Sentra(aka SE-R) that was sitting high with 30" or so mudders in the back... i asked what was up with it, and it turns out he converted it to rear-engine rearwheel drive, using an air-cooled VW motor and transaxle, such as whats in a railbuggy... just weird enough to make a crappy car kinda cool...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks