• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine - Parts interchangable?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a 5 ton has a multifuel engine in it does the make of the engine matter are all parts interchangable regardless of manufacturer? Say for injector pumps all same, same??
James G.

Rocco

I think all the multifuel injector pumps are all made by BOSCH.
I have changed parts out on the multifuel of diffrent manufacturers
and it worked fine.

devilman96

LD 465-1 and LD 465-1C will interchange with each other...

LDS1and2 i THINK will interchange with each other...

LDT's will interchange with each other...

*edit*... sorry I should have said I was refering to fuel systems*

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some injectors have one hole and onthers have two holes. But they fit any engine. All engines are under the M.A.N.N. license and use interchangable parts. Any ld can be swapped to a T or a S by swapping the oilpan around and relocating the dipstick. You'll need to get the right oil pickup tubes also. There are a few small changes on turbo's and flame heaters. But you can interchange these also.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
To add a bit to red devils dude's comment. I have heard that the LDS pistons are stronger [than LD/LDT's] to handle the hight boost the LDS's bigger turbo generates. The troubleshooting manual states that there are solid wrist pins and hollow pins.It said that both types can be used in all three engines but all need to match. That is interesting as differing weights would seem to effect crank balance.Apparently it is not an issue here.JimK

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I was concerned with were the engine bolt-ons, like starters, fuel injector pumps, manifolds, etc. I know where there are a couple of 5 tons (with multi-fuel engines)going to the junk yard for scrap, so is it worth it for me to spend the time removing misc. parts? Will I be able to use them on my 543?
James G.

superchicken

I was wondering the same thing, I have a truck with an LD-465-LC engine and I need a injector pump for it. The problem I am having is I can only find one for a LDT465, will these injector pumps interchange. I am not wanting a black smoke bomb. The injector pump I currently have is a type PSB6A-90EH-5337A1, and what I have found is a type PSB6A-90EH-5337A3. HELP!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was wondering the same thing, I have a truck with an LD-465-LC engine and I need a injector pump for it. The problem I am having is I can only find one for a LDT465, will these injector pumps interchange. I am not wanting a black smoke bomb. The injector pump I currently have is a type PSB6A-90EH-5337A1, and what I have found is a type PSB6A-90EH-5337A3. HELP!
Yes you can interchange them. Just adjust the fuel screws as needed.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk