• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine

In very short, it is a compression ignition engine, like a diesel, BUT it vaporizes the fuel in a piston cup which allows it to operate on fuels that would destroy a diesel. Diesels inject an atomized fuel spray that burns upon injection and not slowly as the Multi does. Unfortunately they are not "emissions" friendly. They are fuel efficient, just like a diesel, but much more forgiving to low grade fuel such as gasoline.

Hope this helps.

Boatdocter

Does that mean they can run off gasoline? Thanks for the input i dont own a deuce yet or have a manual ( gimpy) but was curious thanks for yalls reply. Greg

Boatdocter

Thanks you said it all in less than ten words. It's nice to get a strait answer. I am new to this stuff just trying to do my homework. And by far not new to mechanical engines and the way they work. Thanks Greg

bmH1065

I read somewhere that gasoline was only to be used if diesel or JP4 was not availible and if you used gas, you were to mix clean motor oil with it. The fuel you can use is listed on the dash of mine, but it is in goverment #'s and have not looked them up.

joesco

Just added 10 gallons of diesel, 15 gallons of 10 micron filtered WMO (waste motor oil) and 5 gallons of 87 oct gas. The m/f whistler is running much quieter and there is little or no exhaust smoke.

nattieleather

Yep you have to muddy up gasoline in the multifuel engines. The motor prefers to run on diesel and some of the later motors are not multifuel any more because the fuel compinsator on the injector pump has been by passed and staight diesel is all you should run. The fuel compinastor adjusted the flow of fuel to the injectors.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nattieleather said:
Yep you have to muddy up gasoline in the multifuel engines. The motor prefers to run on diesel and some of the later motors are not multifuel any more because the fuel compinsator on the injector pump has been by passed and staight diesel is all you should run. The fuel compinastor adjusted the flow of fuel to the injectors.
Just because the compensator has been bypassed doesn't mean you can only run diesel. There are a bunch of people on here that run just about anything that is flamable with engines that have the compensator bypassed.

:) I run waste motor oil, transformer oil and gasoline at about 60-30-10 % right now, and the deuce loves it. Like said before, it runs quiter and maybe even has a little more power, but it smokes more when still cold after starting.

Hey boatdocter, you know what this kind of homework leads to? OD disease and a heavy piece of green iron on the driveway? ;-)

Mark

emr

Good question, i think there are so many new guys, its good to hit on the basics now and again...!!some may not be ready to ask yet, no such thing as a silly question when it pertains to anything Military!!! :driver: ...Randy

FormerNewMVGuy

I am currently running filtered waste ATF . about 60% with offroad diesel at 40%, There seems to be alot of people mistakingly putting gas in there diesel vehicles around here lately, So when the garage up the road drains em out they give the mix to me to run in my Multifuel :driver:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
transformer oil - just don't run the old PCB stuff, it's not good for the engine because it makes large particulates and a nasty kind of greasy poisonous ash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks