• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel motor mounts (isolation mounts, rubber mounts, engine mounts)

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ready to start engine removal. What to do about the old-age senile isolation mounts? I see left ones on an auction site (right and left are different sizes...) and they do not feature prominently on any vendor's list. Are there generic replacements that will work as well?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They are different for the M44A1 and M44A2 crossmembers in the front. Rears are the same for A1 and A2.

Go into the TM and find the NSN's for what you have and do an internet search. They are available pretty inexpensively. I would never reuse them if they show any cracking or dry rot.

A1:

IMAG1730.jpgIMAG1866.jpgIMAG1885.jpg

A2:
IMAG1027.jpgIMAG1153.jpg20140708_192346.jpg

EDIT:

Found some better pictures where we had previously discussed the A1 / A2 crossmembers: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...tween-M35A2s&p=1589557&viewfull=1#post1589557

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happened to be looking into this today and came across this thread.

TM 9-2320-209-34P Lists the following

In Figure #2 Page 6 Engine Mounts - Multifuel (This is for LDS427-2 Only)

4 pcs 7538640 Mount, Resilient, Front & Rear For LDS & LDT Engines
2 pcs 7538641 Mount, Resilient, Upper Rear 4 pcs needed for LDT Engines
2 pcs 10872097 Mount, Resilient, Used on LDS427-2 Only

Figure #5 shows the requirements for LDT465 engines.

Hope this might clarify the use or need for P/N 10872097

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Think thes are hard to find try finding some for the OA-331 engine lol motor mounts, and radiator mounts took me a month to find them across 6 different parts houses.

rustystud

Think thes are hard to find try finding some for the OA-331 engine lol motor mounts, and radiator mounts took me a month to find them across 6 different parts houses.
I thought the OA-331 engine used standard motor mounts ? At least mine sure looked like they where standard type mounts.
I still have one of my M34 1954 REO's left. I'll try and remember to check them tomorrow.

I already bought a set of motor mounts for my M35A2, so I won't be trying this myself. But the mounts look like standard Semi-truck mounts. I should measure them and see if there are regular "civilian" mounts available. Our buses used this type too. All you would need is the proper size bolt hole and the correct height.

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was researching isolation mounts for my cab mounted computer and came across a manufacturer that may be worth looking at. I would think for the deuce application, as long as it meets the specs it doesn't have to be a military part (unless you need that for your restoration). Anyways, maybe worth a look: https://www.novibes.com/Products

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OA-331 engine uses the following:

TM 9-2320-209-34P

Figure #3 Page #7

7538640 2 pcs (Same P/N as for multifuel)
7538641 2 pcs ""
7538639 2 pcs Insulator, Mounting (Does not look to be available anywhere - but may be the same as the square radiator insulators used under the radiator on Deuces)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks