• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Skipping

Terexts

I just recently finished installing a gasket set on my engine and rebuilt my turbo. I had to replace #6 injector line due to line twisting. I ran the overhead and installed new coolant hoses. I've finally got it back together and I have a bad skip in the engine. It seems to be #5 cylinder. I can back off all the other lines and engine has a definite sound change. When I back off #5 injector line I have to just about remove the line to get fuel to come out and engine doesn't change. I've swapped injector with a known good one and same thing.

I need some help on this one. I didn't remove the injector pump nor did I mess with timing. Is it possilble the pump has dirt or something it? The only other thing I can do is remove the injector and run the engine to see the spray out of the nozzle, if any at all.

Any ideas or troubleshooting steps would be helpful.

Thanks,
Justin

phil2968

The plunger feeds all the cylinders in the firing order. It runs so the plunger is not the problem. Could be a blockage in the line or at the connection to the hydraulic head. Remove the line from the IP and start the engine. Fuel will squirt skyward in a straight stream from the injection pump. If it does you may have a bad line, if it don't then there is a problem in the hydraulic head.

Terexts

Just got finished troubleshooting some more. Removed the #5 injector line from HH and it has fuel spraying out. I took #3 off the HH to compare the spray and it's bout the same to me.

Terexts

Went back and checked, I'm getting fuel up to all the injectors. 1,2,4,6 make a sound change when cracked. 3 and 5 don't make much of a difference it seems. Engine blows white smoke when reved up.

Terexts

I removed #5 injector and checked to see if it was spraying, injector is spraying.

Any thoughts to what else to check.

dmetalmiki

Well you changed the gaskets? including head gaskets? you have something not back right then. White smoke is "water" blue smoke "oil" Black smoke "deisel."
Check the tappet settings. (valve lash).
Check (order of) torque of head bolts (if disturbed)_
Have the injectors checked AFTER swapping a couple to prove functionality.
Keep us posted.

phil2968

I vote for maladjusted valves. I would make sure number 5 is on TDC and check clearances. Could be a tight valve not letting it build compression.

Terexts

Valve clearance is correct and pushrods are ok. When I had the heads off I checked for leakage around valves and no leakage was present, no bent valves or anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks