• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multiple m1009 issues

Screamer27

Issue 1. I have a diesel fuel leak coming from around the fuel filter. I replace the filter, hopeing it was one of the o-rings on the back side of the filter, I have pulled the bracket off the firewall, and used compressed air to dry everything, and in about 3-5 minutes the bottom of it is moist-starting to drip again. One of friends had an old 6.2 civvy truck that leaked at the same place, so I figured this may be a common issue. Is it the water in fuel sensor? is it the housing? I just can't tell where it coming from, but the whole bottom side gets wet, and then starts to drip down onto and around the passenger exhaust manifold. I know alot of people convert it over to a spin on style fuel filter... how hard is it to do, is it worth it?

Issue 2. I know this is a common issue on these... the wiper / washer pump. One day the washer's just stopped working. The wipers work fine, I unplugged everything, blew threw the lines, and the pickup, everything is OK, I have 12 volts at the connectors also. I pulled the 4 1/4in screw's out of the diaphram housing, and took a quick look inside, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I can see the white cam spinning inside the motor, but unsure what the deal is. I searched and found a post I believe from Doghead, with a link to a rebuild kit for the pump, showing like a diaphragm and such parts, is this whats going on?

Issue 3. Rear Window. Here in Iowa it has been getting COLD, and I mean -10 with no wind chill. We have had a few -50 days with windchill, one day the rear window was seized up, and the fiance went to try and open it, It had ice all around the seals, and none of the ice was broke off, but she forced the handle, all of a sudden supposedly all she heard was "snap." Now it kinda acts like there is no resistance, like its locked, but its unlocked, you go to Lock it and the lock mechanism comes out with the key in it... umm lost....

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cucvnut

you need to replace your fuel filter housing its a common problem. you can get the part off ebay if you do a search for CUCV. it costs about 50 bucks and 15 to ship. however it does not use the water in fuel sensor anymore. but i dont know if that will effect your truck in Iowa.

as for the pump it needs a rebuild. you can get the part of amazon do a search for the link doghead posted.

Mudstone

rear window... well if it's not working it's broken... you need to pull it apart... then you need to find whats broken. find that part in the TM and order the part... put it all back together. mine is broken as well and i need a few of the parts... just haven't gotten around to doing it. all the parts for the crank are available from LMC truck as well as JCwhittney.

there are threads that have discussed the fuel leakage.

Check the TM it has a breakdown of almost everything in the -34P

if you need the TMs i can get them for you. have them on my server and can set you up to DL.

Crash_AF

Screamer27

Update-
Thanks for the help everyone, So far, I've pulled the fuel filter base, replaced a few o-rings, but it still leaked, I ended up pulling the fuel pressure sensor, tapped the hole, and JB Welded a plug in place. I also have a new filter housing on order, and should hopefully be here Friday, if not Monday.

The window- it was -4 out this morning... at least the thing runs now.

The washer- once again -4 out, but I pulled it all apart, everything looks fine inside of it, but for 15 bucks, I have a rebuild kit on the way.

Mudstone- I'm not incompetent, I know its broke... Its fricken cold out and these trucks have alot of "common issues" It was easier to search for about an hour, and then make a post, instead of turning into a popcicle while tring to figure out something 100 other people have ran into. I know the TM's are at the top of the page, I've already had them open, and gone through them They show the parts break out, which so does LMC, But neither one tell you if its got a snap ring, or if its bolted from the inside, or how it comes apart period. I've been a GM tech for over 5 years, GM isn't the greatest at designing something to come apart, and any help pulling some 26 year old peice apart so I don't break something that may be irreplaceable is always appreciated. I don't mean this to sound as if I'm cranky, if it comes across that way, Like I said in my first post, ANY help is appreciated.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks