• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must be my lucky day

misupratwin

Pto & Welded bumper extensions

I spent this week after work and this weekend installing the pto and welding and installing the bumper ext.,Winch brackets . :)

I must have drill 40 holes couple of hundred times ,start with a 1/8th drill then 5/16 and so on til i made it to 1/2 or 5/8.Drilling sucks!! :mad:

Next came torch,grind,weld,grid,torch,weld,grid,paint. I think it will work ok ,maybe a little off but for the price (winch off craigslist with these brackets and ext. for 250).

I have more pics to follow . Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

Now with winch

Winch is on :beer: I still have to finish bolting the bumper down. All i have left is to wait for my egay 30$ winch drive shaft,Find some mv'er willing to part with a winch chain and clevis, buy some wire rope, floor lever lock out and winch pto data plate and i will be finished.

Then i think i would like to put the other winch under the bed, that means i'll be looking for even more parts. I have three pto's on this truck so i have plenty of options.

Attachments

misupratwin

Almost there !!!

Well i think i fell into a good deal this week. I bought 3 snatch blocks, a very new looking cable with chain, wilton vise and mounting plate, vinyl cargo cover, fuel pump and sender, cluster, 3 clevis, a us mil shovel, and a few odds and ends for 700 .

My winch is complete now, hi low data plate and pto lock out (made a temp one) and im done.

Does anyone have any ideas for carrying these snatch blocks. Thanks Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

I got to go shopping over the weekend.

List of what i got 2 Jerry can brackets ,Driver side toolbox, Battery door,

Convoy light and pole, Military electric wipers with windows, Left fender with light and guard,

Hardtop closure kit, Dual gun mount, Springer seat, 5 ton tool box, Artic trans & shifter boots,

Both hood side panels, 5 ton winch chain, Front clevis with mounts, Dome light,

Tool bag, 6 tire chains, Complete headlight panel, And to me i saved the best for last,

MT 2 drill bits from 1/2 to 1in and a complete swench kit out of a Batwing, All for 700.00 $$ :jumpin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

When you go hunting for parts, you realy go all out. Ya did well.

If you don't have a use for the Dome light, I sure could give it a good home 8)

misupratwin

Installing toys

Well , I got to install some parts this week. I installed windshield frame and windshields along with the electric wipers. I didn't want to drill holes in my original windshield frame, and the windshields themselves were just installed almost nos.
I finshed it tonight they work very nice,to bad it hasn't rained in a month.

I also installed the convoy light, and a solargizer, and swaped the drivers side toolbox (mine rusted through on the bottom).

I bought a few other parts too, a set of fiberglass troop seats , found out the hard way that they are too short for a deuce by a few feet. aua I also picked up a antenna mount. Now to look for some antenna parts.

I also installed the grille, and hood side panels , mine were bent from previous owner. I found a alcohol evaporator for the air compressor so i installed that too.

Hard to belive i only had this truck since late August of last year, Even harded to belive it's changed this much so quickly. Tim :grd:

Attachments

Last edited:

misupratwin

Thank you Onegmjack.

I got a few parts that i paid for but i wasn't able to remove last weekend. And a few on the i.o.u plan.

A double pully snatch block, another convoy light and switch, front marker lights (lolly pop ? ) And a radio bracket and a couple of cables.

I have questions on the radio stuff ?

Attachments

onegmjack

My truck came with the radio bracket also the antenna bracket.I to would like to know about what kind of radio came or was installed in the Deuce.Would it be able to be used or would it be just a show piece?

misupratwin

Onegmjack i beleive you could use the radio if you had a ham operators tech license.
I don't know enough about radios to help you any further, but i want a radio myself.
So i guess i have to learn too.

I got to install my other convoy light and switch tonight and installed the lollypop lights last night. I also installed my 2nd heater fan switch.

My convoy lights are mismatched right now but i'm working on that,I had to take probably 25 pics to get two with the lights on, and not even at the same time. Drivers side is a big double lamp rotator light, passenger side is a srtobe and the extra one is a strobe and it's a different size than the others.

The first pic is what the truck looked like when i bought it. Tim

Attachments

misupratwin

Fans and a light

Well i was bored this weekend so i decided that i would install my fans and amoured dome light. I used some 13 gauge steel for the overhead consule, and 1/4 rod to brace the back of the fans. I have to clean the wiring up yet but i'm waiting on some other parts first.

I'm also tired of pickin my pop or tea off the floor of the deuce so i built myself a cup holder out of some 1/4 and 1/8 rod and a small piece of angle. I also made two brackets for my ladder, it had hooks, and didn't hook onto the bed.

Two cans of camo green and one can of red primer later and here we are. Tim

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks