• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must sell my 666

White666

Well I lost my storage last weekend, so I brought the truck back home, today I get a nasty letter from the city code and zoning office stating I will recieve a $300 fine and further criminal citation if the truck isn't moved by the 15th of Feb.

So to all you arizona MV lovers....come and get my truck, I want $1500 as it sit or trade for a flat bed car trailer.....only catch is that it must me moved THIS WEEKEND, I can not store it on my own property. I don't even live in an HOA neiborhood, they had no issues till I brought it back home this passed weekend.

Shoot me a PM if you have or know of anyone who is interested. I would really hate to send it to scrap, but that will be a very last "no other choice" option.

Darwin T

contact any local trucking company or construction company and see if they will let you park on there lot, until you can make other arangements. drive it down there and ask in person, somebody there may even want it. if it is parked on commercial propery like a truck transport company parking lot the city can blow it out ther back side.

OSO

Good luck with your quest on finding another place to park ,or the later option of selling.
Might try a towing company. Look for a crane rental yard ,usally they have a good sized yard , or a small ranch.

Last edited:

White666

Ok, just for some more info...the truck is not operational, it is costing me $200 every time I need to have it moved....I can't keep paying that. Since Buying the rig i've dropped about $600 in towing alone.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about contacting a military museum in Arizona to see if they want it. The Pima museum may be interested or perhaps they can give you some ideas of who may want it.

Is there any way to get a special exemption from the zoning laws? Even just 90 days to give you time to sell it or find a place for it? I mean 5 days to make a huge non-operational wrecker disappear is crazy. I don't think Houdini could do it.

I would love to have it but I'm to far away and low on dough

Last edited:

Elwenil

Is there any way to get a special exemption from the zoning laws? Even just 90 days to give you time to sell it or find a place for it? I mean 5 days to make a huge non-operational wrecker disappear is crazy. I don't think Houdini could do it.

That sort of thinking doesn't fly well with city bureaucrats. Inevitably they will say that it only took one day to bring it in, so 5 days should be plenty of time to take it somewhere else. They don't care where it goes or how it gets there, they just want it gone.

White666

Well its a sad day, my truck will be gone in the morning, hopfully to a good home....I will be pissed if I see it at the scrap yard....

On another note, I will be moving my ass out of the city ASAP....screw all the douchbag neighbors and Bull**** rules....even without an HOA....one ******* city code enforcment chick just ruined my last 3 months and all the time I put into getting and fixing a classic piece of american military history. They can all kiss my ass on the way to ****.:mad:

White666

Without the truck being registered as classic, and with the overall weight and look of it from the street, I wouldn't have won any battle against the city. The unresonable amount of time they gave me to clear everything up just wouldn't allow it. The ordenences very basiclly states that a commercial vehichle is anything over a 1-ton with a GVW over 10,000lbs. It may be different in the general Az view, but in the Glendale az view of things my truck was 100% illegal.

Anyone else in the Phoenix Az area better double check they're laws and ordenences too, you might get the same suprise one day.

paulfarber

There are POVs that meet that criteria.. let me see.. F250s can break 10K. Any of those on the street in AZ?

Last thing you want to do is take a gooberment official at their word. There is a reason the laws are in writing.

Get the statute number you are being cited for and look it up. My guess is that they are saying COMMERCIAL vehicles... not POVs.

I think is has come up in other forums on this board... and it comes down to a rat-bastard in gooberment simply doesn't like the big truck and is scaring you with bogus citations.

Flyingvan911

:ditto:My E-150 van has a GCVW of 13,000 pounds. Why did you lose your storage space? Sorry you had to sell your truck. You'll never get back the time and sweat you put into it.

camp9

There have to be trucks in your area neighborhood that pull campers and have a bigger GVW than that. I live on a farm in the country and it's getting harder to even keep old farm machinery around with out someone saying something.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever happened to "NUNYO". My business is "NUNYO" business. Your big beautiful handsome green iron must have scared someones little jack-wagon kid, the over protective parents had hissy/coniption fit over the whole ordeal and now they are in therapy with a retired drill instructor become psychologist;).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA[/media]

Last edited:

ALFA2

Sorry to hear about your truck, but Glendale is very strange and arbitrary on zoning restrictions, in the front or the back yard. Parking on the street, you are really on their turf. The actual or registered weight of the truck does not matter at all. The "look of it" to the zoning inspector is what got you the attention, and they are revenue generating to find new cases to enforce, no longer do they wait for a neighbor to complain, they drive around and look to see who could be next... This info is not speculation or attitude this is directly from the manager of the Glendale zoning enforcement department. Since the city owns the city court, taking it to court to challenge it only gives the zoning people an option within their discretion "to elevate" this matter from a civil fine to a criminal misdemeanor or a felony depending on their understanding of how much convincing you need to see it their way. Phoenix in not much better, but has grandfathered in spots such as mini-ranches, which allow out of sight storage of equipment, trucks.. within city limits. Any way it is a pain, more so than it used to be years ago. Good luck with your move.
ALFA2

kc5mzd

I need a truck like that but can't get it to Texas. Good luck. It is relatively easy to get a 15 day permit to opperate a unregistered vehicle on the street. If you tell the dot you are moving it from the address of the storage lot to your home address you should be able to get a state issued permit to drive or park it on the street for 15 days. It usually only costs about $5.00.
Anyway good luck...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks