• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Must sell my 666

Oldfart

Sorry to hear about your truck, but Glendale is very strange and arbitrary on zoning restrictions, in the front or the back yard. Parking on the street, you are really on their turf. The actual or registered weight of the truck does not matter at all. The "look of it" to the zoning inspector is what got you the attention, and they are revenue generating to find new cases to enforce, no longer do they wait for a neighbor to complain, they drive around and look to see who could be next... This info is not speculation or attitude this is directly from the manager of the Glendale zoning enforcement department. Since the city owns the city court, taking it to court to challenge it only gives the zoning people an option within their discretion "to elevate" this matter from a civil fine to a criminal misdemeanor or a felony depending on their understanding of how much convincing you need to see it their way. Phoenix in not much better, but has grandfathered in spots such as mini-ranches, which allow out of sight storage of equipment, trucks.. within city limits. Any way it is a pain, more so than it used to be years ago. Good luck with your move.
ALFA2

All of the above AND with the current down turn, we have countless city and county staff sitting around with very little to do. They need to create reasons for their existence. What used to be a 10 minute permitting process will now take hours and something that would have taken a week or so now takes months. How is it you need the same amount of staff to process 3 building permits a month as you needed to process a 100 permits a month. AND they are raising my taxes so they can keep these slugs on board. ~~ Sorry I sound so ticked of, but I am. Colorado has already imposed extra fees on vehicles and now they are looking at ways to increase property taxes in general and agricultural land taxes in particular. I find it interesting that government wants to be my immediate partner when I make a profit, but when I have a loss, they don't chip in a penny.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they use the word "commercial" in their ordinance then, no matter what they might otherwise say, THEY MUST PROVE that your truck is used in a COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE.

COMMERCIAL:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commercial

COMMERCE (noun, see def.2):
Commerce - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

THEREFORE, even if their ordinance ATTEMPTED to change the ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEFINITION of the word(s) above, which they do not have the authority to do, then the LAW cannot be upheld.

IF, in fact, they meant for the ordinance to be applicable to HEAVY or LARGE vehicles, then the ordinance should say EXACTLY THAT and the words COMMERCIAL and COMMERCE should have been strict from the ordinance. Just because a vehicle weighs more than some arbitrarily set quanity, DOES NOT automatically mean that it is being used for COMMERCE.

They cannot ignore the fundamental definition of the word COMMERCIAL on a whim of convenience. They said it, they meant it, and therefore it doesn't apply to YOUR TRUCK.

Similarly, if they had an ordinance that said that all houses had to be painted BLUE, but for the sake of their convenience, pink, yellow, black, and purple are also BLUE, any JUDGE with half a brain would throw any citation under such an ordinance out in a heartbeat. The same thing applies here.... if it ain't used in a COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE, it CANNOT be called a COMMERCIAL VEHICLE - no matter how they might ATTEMPT to change the definition of the word COMMERCIAL.

This is your DEFENSE - - - USE IT ! ! ! !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they use the word "commercial" in their ordinance then, no matter what they might otherwise say, THEY MUST PROVE that your truck is used in a COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE.

COMMERCIAL:
Commercial - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

COMMERCE (noun, see def.2):
Commerce - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

THEREFORE, even if their ordinance ATTEMPTED to change the ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEFINITION of the word(s) above, which they do not have the authority to do, then the LAW cannot be upheld.

IF, in fact, they meant for the ordinance to be applicable to HEAVY or LARGE vehicles, then the ordinance should say EXACTLY THAT and the words COMMERCIAL and COMMERCE should have been stricken from the ordinance. Just because a vehicle weighs more than some arbitrarily set quanity, DOES NOT automatically mean that it is being used for COMMERCE.

They cannot ignore the fundamental definition of the word COMMERCIAL on a whim of convenience. They said it, they meant it, and therefore it doesn't apply to YOUR TRUCK.

Similarly, if they had an ordinance that said that all houses had to be painted BLUE, but for the sake of their convenience, pink, yellow, black, and purple are also BLUE, any JUDGE with half a brain would throw any citation under such an ordinance out in a heartbeat. The same thing applies here.... if it ain't used in a COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE, it CANNOT be called a COMMERCIAL VEHICLE - no matter how they might ATTEMPT to change the definition of the word COMMERCIAL.

This is your DEFENSE - - - USE IT ! ! ! !

joeinaforest

Jefferson wrote that "Cities were the bane of freedom"

Everything from anti constitutional gun laws to what you can park in your drive....

Learn your lesson, vote with your feet, get OUT OF THERE while you still have the freedom to do so!

There are some freedom loving states, namely, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana.

Good luck!

J

ODw/envy

I wish I had seen this in Feb. I would have gladly stored it for a short period. May have even bought it if it was relatively nice.

BTW Counties are starting to pass similar Ordinance.

OD

68427vette

i spent 20K last year, dealing with ZONING, and i have 20+ acres, and farm it,,and i'm outside the city!!!! , but guess what moved in next door,,, $350K homes,, go figure.. looks like i'll be getting into the "HOG" business.......:drool: ha haa

landfillman

We have a meter reader from the city that reads county meters. Hes also a scrapper and is trying to get it coded in here about unregistered vehiles and implements, Kinda the reason why I left a snake in the meter box on meter day lol.

landfillman

I cant stand that guy, The town is supposed to auction stuff like meters and scraps. He gets it no contest. He got and cut up a nice Ditch Witch That was supposed to go to sale or another district. I talked to My district supervisor a few times, We are a small enough county we can vote a feller out lol.

White666

Wow, its been a long time, and just for ****s and giggles I logged in and see my olds posts are still active. Glad to see people actually cared. As for where my truck went to....I have no idea, no one has seen it since it left my property. Makes me a little worried but I try not to think about it.

So anyways, after the truck issue with glendale, and a couple issues since with catching the same zoning officer in my backyard after walking through an open fence without permision, I am happy to report I have sold my glendale property and will be moving up to Washington state by the end of next week. I may be in the market for another rig once I get up there, as I will not be anywhere near the major city or a neiborhood where a zoning offical may live. I have already scouted out 11 achers out in the middle of the eastern washington wheat fields, so neibor issure shouldn't come up. Will keep the world posted.

Welder Sam

In Ar, a CMV is not defined by end use. The designation of CMV is place on any vehicle weighing 10,000lbs+. I wish i knew more about Arizonas laws but..

Hate to see the Nazi's ran your truck off. Good luck in your new AO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks