• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mutilation required!

mucekok

is anyone familiar with exactly what GL means by mutilation required? i have put in a phone call (with no answer) and read the crap on their website, but it's kinda sketchy. sounds like a PITA. there are remnants of a few deuces in Lousiana coming up for auction, but they all say scrap and mutilation required. what a waste! anybody got any input on this?

acetomatoco

Scrap now has mutilation required and witnessing by the gummint for folks who have the scrap contract..saves em from letting some little demil item out. Check the sales in Maine at Kittery..all items are marked either mutilate or mutilation not required..you can get the answers from DRMS in Battle Creek, it is not GLs doing..keep electing the anti business democraps...

papercu

scrap

, it is not GLs doing..keep electing the anti business democraps...
Not this time, while DRMO has the job of the demil stuff, anything that G/L decide that it is not profitably to sell piecemeal at auction they could turn it down and it would go back to the DRMO and they would dispose of it (scrap).
NOW that G/L has the scrap contract also, I expect you will see more and more going to the scrap pile.
It's all a matter of profit. G/L can take the gravy stuff that will sell easy, all others items will be trashed with G/L making a easy profit on that too. No or very little labor cost. Wayne

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: scrap

Funny, everytime my wife gets mad, I hear the same thing, Mutilation Required.