• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MUTT engine prices?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TNJ Murray in Dover, DE had rows upon rows of them. I'd check with John first. I am unsure what he was asking as I was not in the market for an engine when I was there.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea kinda a dead item. Back in the 90’s when the Army was dumping the M151s, they would let the scrappers pull the engine before squashing the body flat as a flitter. So there is an abundance of engines here and there in warehouses for the demand that never came. Now 30 years has past and who knows if these stored engines are good as is or are just cores.

acudanut

Sometimes there are a few for sale. Other times ZERO. They range from 350-2,500. Used. all depends on supply/demand and in the eyes of the owner and what they think they are worth. Some fools think they are worth 5K.

jeds388

Still have them? Give me a call 5402261092. My father in law bought a mutt and smokes like crazy. He is in Winchester va and was hoping to find a mechanic that is lose enough to look at it for him. Swapping whole engine would be another way to go. Sat a lot after a restoration so may be a stuck ring? Was thinking dry rotted valve seals at first but doesn't clear up once it's running.

jeds388

Still have them? Give me a call 5402261092. My father in law bought a mutt and smokes like crazy. He is in Winchester va and was hoping to find a mechanic that is lose enough to look at it for him. Swapping whole engine would be another way to go. Sat a lot after a restoration so may be a stuck ring? Was thinking dry rotted valve seals at first but doesn't clear up once it's running.
Close enough

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If the truck sat for a long time, maybe a few squirts if Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) in each cylinder could possibly free up a stuck oil ring on the bottom of the pistons. After it sits for a few days, fire it up. It's going to smoke like you were dusting for mosquitoes. Might be worth a compression test so you could prove the problem. If a dry compression test shows a lot less pressure than wet, you may be on to something...

jeds388

If the truck sat for a long time, maybe a few squirts if Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) in each cylinder could possibly free up a stuck oil ring on the bottom of the pistons. After it sits for a few days, fire it up. It's going to smoke like you were dusting for mosquitoes. Might be worth a compression test so you could prove the problem. If a dry compression test shows a lot less pressure than wet, you may be on to something...
Know of anyone in this area that works on these?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks